IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

I'll take your panoramas... And raise you a photosphere.

Well actually it's a photo cylinder. But i take it that you're using the google phone program called that. (yeah yeah sorry).

/time to reject the word app everyone, the revolution begins when talking about something that involved revolution.

I'll take your panoramas... And raise you a photosphere.

Well actually it's a photo cylinder. But i take it that you're using the google phone program called that. (yeah yeah sorry).

/time to reject the word app everyone, the revolution begins when talking about something that involved revolution.

That I am. I could have gone full sphere but I think the image is big enough as is... And nobody needs to see a picture of my curtains and bare ceiling (unless you do, in which case uh... PM me, I'll hook you up).

It's all about the shoes man, the ceiling is best left to the imagination. Well unless it's mirrored and provides an alternate view of the shoes.

nahh, salL good in the QQ QQQ.

I have that Tascam recorder as well, it's p. nice.

Looks very fancy when you mount it on a tripod.

I think I brought it after reading about it in a thread here, it could have been your post! I don't have a tripod and it catches a lot noise when handling it because the mics are so sensitive (which is great but it picks up lots of noise). I could do with getting a tripod and wind guard and using it for more lengthy field recordings.

I had a fun time with it yesterday stood on my balcony recording rain tho. I could hear people talking in their flats above/around me and cutlery being put down on plates etc which I couldn't pick up with my own ears. It's really strong.

Guest kymppinetti

I think I brought it after reading about it in a thread here, it could have been your post! I don't have a tripod and it catches a lot noise when handling it because the mics are so sensitive (which is great but it picks up lots of noise). I could do with getting a tripod and wind guard and using it for more lengthy field recordings.

I had a fun time with it yesterday stood on my balcony recording rain tho. I could hear people talking in their flats above/around me and cutlery being put down on plates etc which I couldn't pick up with my own ears. It's really strong.

Now I want it. Never should browse this thread.

i need a tascam fourtrack so i can play these tapes my brother had from when he was in sydney in the 90's, all these jams inaccessible. heh. It's probably stoner jam crap eneewae.

Now I want it. Never should browse this thread.
It's a tascam dr05 if you aren't sure. Pretty sure there are newer versions (dr08 or something if I remember right?) Which may be better but I'm not sure. I got this for £50 second hand which isn't too bad. Does anyone have a Zoom H4N or anything similar that could be compared to this? I'd be interested to hear how the higher end ones are in comparison.

Ya i have one and I remember testing it out when i first got it and there was this faint plane sound high above my head and I thought 'probably not going to hear anything but whatever' and it got it anyway. It basically picks up everything you can hear which is what a field recorder should do. I strongly advise you to get a wind guard, their super effective and are pretty crucial when recording outside

Ya i have one and I remember testing it out when i first got it and there was this faint plane sound high above my head and I thought 'probably not going to hear anything but whatever' and it got it anyway. It basically picks up everything you can hear which is what a field recorder should do. I strongly advise you to get a wind guard, their super effective and are pretty crucial when recording outside
Actually yesterday I could hear a plane on the recorder (through headphones) that I couldn't hear without it. I was on a pretty high gain (level was about 80).

I ordered a tripod today (an ultra cheap one) and I'll get a wind guard next. I don't really know how wind guards work. Is it a one-size fits all kinda deal or is there a specific one I need to go for?

Actually yesterday I could hear a plane on the recorder (through headphones) that I couldn't hear without it. I was on a pretty high gain (level was about 80).

I ordered a tripod today (an ultra cheap one) and I'll get a wind guard next. I don't really know how wind guards work. Is it a one-size fits all kinda deal or is there a specific one I need to go for?

Idk, my brother bought mine, it has a sort of elastic band to fasten it to the mic, it can probably fit on a bunch of different ones. Probably just look up Tascam Dr-05 wind guard

Idk, my brother bought mine, it has a sort of elastic band to fasten it to the mic, it can probably fit on a bunch of different ones. Probably just look up Tascam Dr-05 wind guard
Okay cool, didn't know they were elasticated. Thanks dude.

My love affair started with a metasonix R-54, then optomix (mine is too fast?) so i am now on a borg mk1 :)

The R-54 is the bees knees but its very very very very very hard to use. i cant make it do anything like i want it to yet, i can only keep tweaking till it sounds good, then leave it and use it in a track...

havent even plugged my borg 1 in :emb: but the music is flowing out of me so it doesnt matter. First album thing on bandcamp tonight!

What others you got? I also just bought the A101-3!

a101-3.jpg

Vactrols! :emotawesomepm9:

I really have NFI how to use this thing. but it has much vactrolness and sounds the business..

Edited by lala

I believe I have only the one vactrol module... but I've arguably got a few too many modules generally now. That's one of my two different Steiner-Parker style filters, for example. I need to get a fourth G6 case, hook up all the modules at once, and work out which ones I don't need, really. :) I should arguably sell my non-modular gear too, given how I barely use it at all, as nice as it is.

I really want a steiner-parker. unsure of which model though..

i thought i was going to sell all my other gear and go all-in, but im happy with my hybrid set up. i love all different styles of synth/groovebox/sampler/drum machine/fx really!

i sold 2 bits of gear to fund my modular - only thing i didnt mind was the SVC350 vocoder. i didnt use it as much as i'd like... the other i bought back (ms20)

i thought i was going to sell all my other gear and go all-in, but im happy with my hybrid set up. i love all different styles of synth/groovebox/sampler/drum machine/fx really!

Heh, I went the opposite way. I bought a few 1U rackmounts to do things the modular can't (a ROMpler or two, an effects unit), but I don't really use them. Although the modular can't do those things, plug-ins certainly can, and especially for effects, it's just easier to drop those into the DAW in post rather than routing back out and in again. The ROMpler's fun, but can't do anything that a software sampler and bunch of samples can't.

Those modules though, I can't replicate any other way. I've barely even used the drum modules lately, it's just so fun to wire up my own patches from scratch each time. That combination of catchy tunes and laterally patched modules is something I don't hear very often, so it's as close as I've come so far to finding a unique musical voice. I mean, I really love TR-808 and TR-909 sounds as much as anyone, and have two sets of basic 808 modules, but everyone has those sounds, whereas hardly anyone else is using a spring reverb (excited by a burst of white noise, reverberated before the VCA) to make snares out of. It's nice to just be able to fall into a niche like that, and concentrate more on writing hooks instead of crafting the sound.