IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Amazing! I would prefer a really transparent body so that everything is perfectly visible. Love it nevertheless.

Yeah, Ideally but I knew that the glue fumes would cause clouding so I had to go frosted. You can still see some if you look hard which is a shame but It was as I expected.

Tested last night and the sub osc is not working as it should. Need to investigate.

Something you might try for dealing with glue fumes is masking the areas around the glue joint with softened wax. I do that with wood sometimes and it works really well but you need a solvent to really get the wax out of the grain. With acrylic it would be MUCH easier to clean, and it should keep any fumes or squeeze out from getting where they shouldn't go. It definitely works with CA glue (superglue).

Guest Chesney

Good tip! I made a guitar the same way but it was all hidden as it was not clear, I really should have thought about it more in planning this time around.

Guest Chesney

Yeah. I don't have any sounds right now but wouldn't take much to sort something. I really need to remake the neck as the action is not quite as good as i'd like it. I need to reinforce more so have some carbon fibre angles for the next one.

Also the last pic is the one I built that I use all the time.

http://imgur.com/a/hv9r4

Edited by Chesney

How do you like that Boss RPS-10? I've come close to buying one quite a few times. Love the RDD-10 I've got, probably my favorite digital delay.

EDIT: is the RPS-10 the one where you can hold the delay buffer ("sample") and then it tracks the pitch of the audio input and tries to pitch shift the delay buffer to match it (bad description, I know)?

EDIT AGAIN: I was thinking of the RSD-10, that's the one I've almost bought a bunch of times. Curious to hear how the RPS is.

The RPS-10 is amazing. It also has a 'keyboard input' which performs a similar function to what you described, except just shifting the pitch of the audio. I bought it just to play around with but I think I'm gonna incorporate it into my monomachine setup as well. Having a couple of outputs running into it, affecting each other could lead to some interesting results.

It can get pretty wacky; the video below is the reason why I bought one:

I'm definitely considering the RSD-10 as well, but I think I'm gonna go for the RCL-10 first, maybe. I need a good compact compressor for my live rig.

Yeah. I don't have any sounds right now but wouldn't take much to sort something. I really need to remake the neck as the action is not quite as good as i'd like it. I need to reinforce more so have some carbon fibre angles for the next one.

Also the last pic is the one I built that I use all the time.

http://imgur.com/a/hv9r4

i luuk forward to sounds, but i'm not arounds, so i'll probably miss its.

I'm considering getting into making guitars. I should probably take a luthier course or something. I have a grand dream of building my own classical contrabass guitar (like a nylon string classical but an octave lower). It's a bit ambitious but maybe some day..

Guest Chesney

nah modey, just get a book. As long as you get the scale and the frets right and certain measurements, anything goes.

It's just having the balls to think you can do it. It's actually really easy if you take your time and measure twice before you cut.

I'm considering getting into making guitars. I should probably take a luthier course or something. I have a grand dream of building my own classical contrabass guitar (like a nylon string classical but an octave lower). It's a bit ambitious but maybe some day..

Go for it, Modey. I've only made a few but it's the most fun thing. A luthier course is a huge help, though, if you can find a good one (try to get one that focuses on hand tools even if you don't plan to focus on hand tools yourself, because if it's one that teaches you to CNC a guitar you'll learn a lot about CNC but not so much about lutherie). More traditional techniques will teach you a lot of stufff that you can translate to a more modern workshop, but it doesn't really work the other way.

Edited by RSP

Nice raw setup and like your tunes too!

Thx, bendish!

Yeah, it's pretty stripped down and fun. Monomachine was the last piece I was missing to be able get away from the 16 step sequence limitations with the Volcas.

I had an MM and an MD and sold both because I couldnt justify the price when they were gathering dust...great machines...

Do you just jam stuff out or is there a process?

I had an MM and an MD and sold both because I couldnt justify the price when they were gathering dust...great machines...

Do you just jam stuff out or is there a process?

Two of my friends have a MD, they're great! I consider replacing the TR-8 with it sometimes, but I really like the TR-8 and I can't justify getting anything else at the moment. Other than the Volca FM I guess.

I jam it out with nothing in mind until something comes together. I stereo record a bunch of jams on that crappy laptop, cut out the stuff I like, edit it a bit and master it.

lbdAXBW.jpg

finally got myself a pair of speakers. These arrived just today and they're awesome.

Otherwise this is hardly a studio but it's a start. Need room treatment next...

they're killer! been beta-testing them for a bit actually...

the cymbals stand out imo as they add much vibe to the machine.

the new cowbell is a nice oscillator.

the new kicks are cool, also usable as bass oscillators.

the new snare can kind of but not quite do 808 snare, but it's tight.

the impulse & noise machines are great combined with the filter...

speakers are HS8 - but yeah they're big, thought they might be too big at first but it's ok, no need for a sub..

was also a bit afraid if the often proclaimed clinical sound would put me off, but I quite enjoy listening with them..

Edited by Guest

Guest Chesney

cool man. A mate was raving about them earlier.

I was going to post new studio pic but I can't be bothered to go upstairs ha