IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest Chesney

I thought there was a instrument making thread somewhere, oh well.

This is an old homemade synth that was really rickety and finally gotten around to rehousing it.

Clear perspex just cut not stuck together yet. Graphics will be infilled and whole thing will be sanded back so it will look frosted.

is97lGW.jpg

Wow Chesney, looks great! How does it sound?

Modey: if I were you I'd keep on saving and demo as many different pairs as you can in your own room.

Guest Chesney

It's a beast. The bassiest synth I have. Not sure what oscs or filter is used but it screams and the cross mod makes it sound like hell turning over.

I still need to work out how to get the CV/Gate working though.

Damn Chesney. That looks awesome and your description makes it sound great too. Definitely need some video of the project once it's complete :)

sent using magic space waves

Guest Chesney

Yeah i'll post again when done with a snip of sound too. I have used it alot over the years but it's actually too brutal on most tracks and has to be tamed to work in a musical way. I am yet to come up with the perfect track to showcase it's evilness. It WILL come.

Guest Chesney

Ha, Just to make clear, I did not make the synth, it was something I bought from a chap who had it built for him. I'm mearly fixing it up and resoldering all the dodgy made bits and making a new casing. It was a bit of a mess but the sound is too good to let it fall apart.

I was told by someone that the filter may be from Arps 2600 but I have never tried one to hear.

Guest Chesney

P.S. I do want to reverse engineer it and make another with different osc and filter chips. I need to learn alot more about the theory though before I attempt that.

Guest Chesney

M audio? is it battered?

Here is the finished thing, just need to test it tonight, hope I have not fucked it haha. Will try and get a sound sample too

XhE9WFs.jpg

Guest WNS000

Amazing! I would prefer a really transparent body so that everything is perfectly visible. Love it nevertheless.

M audio? is it battered?

Here is the finished thing, just need to test it tonight, hope I have not fucked it haha. Will try and get a sound sample too

XhE9WFs.jpg

that looks super cool!

here's my latest chiptune setup:

640dFDx.jpg

nanoloop 2.7.8 / PO-12 / OP-1 / patchblock / boss RPS-10 / behringer RV600

Guest Chesney

Amazing! I would prefer a really transparent body so that everything is perfectly visible. Love it nevertheless.

Yeah, Ideally but I knew that the glue fumes would cause clouding so I had to go frosted. You can still see some if you look hard which is a shame but It was as I expected.

Tested last night and the sub osc is not working as it should. Need to investigate.

Hey Modey, A video of your setup just popped up in my Facebook feed via Teenage Engineering. You're famous!

Hey Modey, A video of your setup just popped up in my Facebook feed via Teenage Engineering. You're famous!

:D

Yep, been getting a bit of press for my stuff lately. Hopefully they send me some more gear!

Guest WNS000

Yeah, Ideally but I knew that the glue fumes would cause clouding so I had to go frosted. You can still see some if you look hard which is a shame but It was as I expected.

Tested last night and the sub osc is not working as it should. Need to investigate.

Still cool stuff, mate.

M audio? is it battered?

XhE9WFs.jpg

that looks super cool!

here's my latest chiptune setup:

640dFDx.jpg

nanoloop 2.7.8 / PO-12 / OP-1 / patchblock / boss RPS-10 / behringer RV600

Yeah, M-Audio. It's actually in good shape other than no cover for the battery compartment, got it used years ago to have a controller that was actually portable and it works great for what you pay for a used one (I think I got it for $40, maybe less, from a guy a couple blocks over from my apartment), rehousing it would be strictly for looks.

How do you like that Boss RPS-10? I've come close to buying one quite a few times. Love the RDD-10 I've got, probably my favorite digital delay.

EDIT: is the RPS-10 the one where you can hold the delay buffer ("sample") and then it tracks the pitch of the audio input and tries to pitch shift the delay buffer to match it (bad description, I know)?

EDIT AGAIN: I was thinking of the RSD-10, that's the one I've almost bought a bunch of times. Curious to hear how the RPS is.

Edited by RSP