IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest WNS000

cool man. A mate was raving about them earlier.

I was going to post new studio pic but I can't be bothered to go upstairs ha

Have you actually posted a studio pic before? Cannot remember now.

finally got myself a pair of speakers. These arrived just today and they're awesome.

Otherwise this is hardly a studio but it's a start. Need room treatment next...

I like the white table. Looks spacious and clean. I need to buy a table.

Guest Chesney

yeah jev, A couple last year at some point

I'll o upstairs in a mo and take one or two

Guest WNS000

Holy fuck, Chesney. I knew you had some gear but...

Is the mixdesk ready yet?

...are you insured?

Guest Chesney

yeah as close as it can be. Can't seem to find what's up with the one dead channel though. Not the end of the world.

Just swapped out a track on album so working on the replacement right now. Then, mixdown. Ha, as long as I don't change up again. I am an idiot.

Edit: haha, just seen the tiny bit, YES I AM.

Edited by Chesney

I had an MM and an MD and sold both because I couldnt justify the price when they were gathering dust...great machines...

Do you just jam stuff out or is there a process?

why didn't you use them? didn't like them?

speakers are HS8 - but yeah they're big, thought they might be too big at first but it's ok, no need for a sub..

was also a bit afraid if the often proclaimed clinical sound would put me off, but I quite enjoy listening with them..

i have the HS50m. they're much smaller. at first they were backup/second pair speakers to my PMC Tb2 and few yrs back a sold them so yamahas became my only speakers, while waiting for a replacement for the PMCs. they're still my only speakers cause i never had enough spare money for something better. now that i have the money (i wanted to buy Amphion One15 + dedicated Amphion's amp) i've decided to buy MD + MnM instead. Still waiting for the restock! the longer i wait the more second thoughts i have

p.s. HS8s are great for the money! friend of my have them. for smaller room HS7 would be even better. HS5 (or older model HS50M) are just too small, the low end is simply non-existent. i have to use phones

p.p.s. i like the stands! which one are those?

Edited by xox

they're probably the cheapest stands available, came with the thomann bundle:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_hs_8_stand_bundle.htm

handy & do their job, but not good quality.

thought about getting the HS7 and tried them locally, but always had the feeling I'd yearn for a sub with them.

don't worry bout the MD/MnM, at some point you'll be able to kick ass with them,

I think the reason why I fell away from using the monomachine a lot was the pattern/kit workflow. It's super great for making a few self-contained clusters of patterns, tied to one kit, and tweaking things to evolve a composition, but transitioning between kits for me is still a bit fragmented. It helps to use it in conjunction with another similar machine (in my case the es-1) so I can progress to the next pattern on one machine while preparing to move the other to its next pattern, but even that can be a bit clunky.

Where with nanoloop everything is so freeform and modular that each channel has the patterns separated so they can be combined even across multiple banks.

Phling - do you play live or anything in Berlin?

not really at the moment, unfortunately.. Mostly doing software stuff.

Basically I started out making software in order to be able to come up with cool live audiovisual things, but the programming totally developed a life of its own.

Would need a month or two of free time to just focus on creating a liveset I can live with....

Do you? Maybe we could meet for a jam or something, did that a lot in Cologne and really miss it.

I think the reason why I fell away from using the monomachine a lot was the pattern/kit workflow. It's super great for making a few self-contained clusters of patterns, tied to one kit, and tweaking things to evolve a composition, but transitioning between kits for me is still a bit fragmented.

My kits are a mess! I can't help changing or outright replacing machines in kits to get the sounds I want, so I don't know why I bother saving them. The MnM was void of kits when I got it, so I learned the machines for a month or so. Then my friend convinced me to load some kits and most were really not to my liking at all. I'll just end up overwriting or deleting them.

if i were living in cologne or berlin i'd live off music 100%, or at least i'd try

croatia is the beautifulest place on earth but totally lacks in quality electornic music scenes. it's so hard to find place to perform here. but my town has 150.000 residents and 300 rock bands :facepalm the faq!

Well, I replied to a month old kijiji ad for a Quadraverb and it ends up being a co-worker of mine. He still has it! Eager to try it out.

Guest Chesney

I could do that mesh. I have been meaning to do some bits for your sample share thread thingy.

Guest WNS000

I could do that mesh. I have been meaning to do some bits for your sample share thread thingy.

Shit, mate. Check your PM box! I am starting to develop schizophrenia here seeing you active on the forums but not responding to the PMs! Don't be afraid to respond the track sucks big time! I can handle that. You teasing bastard!

Nothing to see here, guys. Carry on.

I will trash the BathSalts edit!

CHESNEY!!!

Guest Chesney

haha, don't worry man, check your PMs innit ;)

Edit: unless PM's are messing up? as I didn't spot your PM until another PM came which I thought was weird.

Have a check, you should have 3 sent ealier today around midday.

Edited by Chesney

Guest WNS000

The PMs are indeed messed up! I got no notifications for your recent PMs yet the PMs were delivered. What a relief.

lol

Will reply via PMs and let you know here just to be sure.

Guest Chesney

I got notification. Strange we didn't before. I only noticed the two you sent when I opened another from someone else.

Phling - do you play live or anything in Berlin?

not really at the moment, unfortunately.. Mostly doing software stuff.

Basically I started out making software in order to be able to come up with cool live audiovisual things, but the programming totally developed a life of its own.

Would need a month or two of free time to just focus on creating a liveset I can live with....

Do you? Maybe we could meet for a jam or something, did that a lot in Cologne and really miss it.

No though it's something I wanna start doing. I only DJ occasionally which is fun but not really the same (plus it's not really the same music). Trouble is I don't have any hardware right now, just controllers. Having said that I am going to buy something this month as I have about €750 saved up. Just trying to decide what to get. Can't decide between a drum machine or synth. I want both really but right now I have to pick. Got my eye on maybe the Vermona DRM1 MkIII or the MFB Tanzbär. Not sure synth-wise though..... if anyone has any suggestions?

There's not enough experimental stuff in Berlin for me, would love to get something live going with someone.

Guest Chesney

you'd need a sequencer to trigger the DRM.

Everyone seems to be getting monomachines, does synths and drums ;)

you'd need a sequencer to trigger the DRM.

Yeah that's the only thing. But I fucking love it so much, so it's very tempting, just trying to figure out what would be the best sequencer for it (and what budget I can stretch to!). I know it's possible to use the Push which is a backup option too.