IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

The monomachine does look like fun, but I love the idea of having something where I can't save shit. I've either gotta remember, or just record it. Sometimes I tweak stuff too much and don't commit, and the few times I've borrowed some gear I've always got better songs having had to make recordings knowing I can't go back to it later.

I don't know Experimontag, I'll have to check that out for sure. My buddy runs the Contort parties @ OHM which are always good, plus the sound there is fucking great I think.

Guest Chesney

I know what you mean, most of my gear has no memory. the only things I save are kits and patterns on Elektrons. So satisfying creating a sound from scratch every time you want something. makes you put so much effort in to getting everything just so to suit the track.

Guest WNS000

I would rather learn how to control my behaviour than to deliberately buy a piece of expensive hardware that cannot save programs...

For example, MPC 1000 has teached me to experiment with and develop existing ideas rather than create new ones all the time. So now, I have this skill ITB too and my production got much better - one step closer to finish stuff.

Guest Chesney

You mean to trigger the DRM? you can do that yeah. The actual sounds are pretty standard and overated like with any TR though.

I have always fancied a DRM myself to be honest but I do like to make more odd drum sounds so would probably end up affecting the sound past it sounding like a DRM so kind of defeats the point. The beatstep pro with it's 8 gates would be a good match too.

I'm really won over by the fact that you can use the individual outputs as insert points to go back into the main output on the DRM. I want to start building up my collection of pedals for some nice FX...... OK well I've just convinced myself to buy the DRM then :happy:

I would rather learn how to control my behaviour than to deliberately buy a piece of expensive hardware that cannot save programs...

For example, MPC 1000 has teached me to experiment with and develop existing ideas rather than create new ones all the time. So now, I have this skill ITB too and my production got much better - one step closer to finish stuff.

I think somewhere in between is the best way to go about it, at least that's the way it works most optimally for me. Having a few connected pieces of hardware that can save patterns, but not being so anal about having everything play the same way every time. Of course, it's chaotic and can get really sloppy/potentially trainwrecky but for me, that's part of the fun :D

Guest Chesney

Nice be born! Let us know when you get it and how you find it. I have not looked at the DRM for a good while now I have an equivalent.

Nice jam room man, great setup, glad to hear you're stoked on the sub37.

Here is mine just after rewire and move around.

tYVO2VE.jpg

8zlsPzx.jpg

1JisNL3.jpg

This is on the bench for fixing, found in a local loft when builders were doing a conversion.

j9U5UD1.jpg

rSZsYzo.jpg

Fuc,k explicit

heres my temp setup...mainly for weed smoking and making beats

I used to have loads more gear but i sold it as i wasn't using it and can make as much sounds with sampling guitars and bass and records etc...

GgG6rEH.jpg

post-1818-0-76047300-1462544370_thumb.jpg

Edited by miim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice be born! Let us know when you get it and how you find it. I have not looked at the DRM for a good while now I have an equivalent.

Found a guy selling one 2nd hand, but only 5 months old and with 2 year warranty, and it has the wooden sides. Picking it up tomorrow after work :yeah:

Guest Chesney

Wicked space Ph!

Nice gear spotting pics. Some rad old drum machines in there, is that a Welson on far left?

Wicked space Ph!

Nice gear spotting pics. Some rad old drum machines in there, is that a Welson on far left?

Cheers man, no Welson unfortunately :( that be an SH1000

Guest Chesney

nah, Welson drum machine, under the MS10.

It's not though obviously, too wide, Could be a rhythm ace?

Edited by Chesney

nah, Welson drum machine, under the MS10.

It's not though obviously, too wide, Could be a rhythm ace?

Doh! Left not Right haha. Yeah you're right, Ace Tone Rhythm Ace

getting my new setup sorted out...still need a good polysynth (considering Juno 106, JX-3P, JX-8P, Super JX or JD-800) and a new acid box (probably TT303) then i reckon i'll be sorted for a bit...my room is too small really but hey ho, roll with the punches

924051ef0a38b4681b231e89171e6861.jpg

getting my new setup sorted out...still need a good polysynth (considering Juno 106, JX-3P, JX-8P, Super JX or JD-800) and a new acid box (probably TT303) then i reckon i'll be sorted for a bit...my room is too small really but hey ho, roll with the punches

924051ef0a38b4681b231e89171e6861.jpg

Aciddddd...

You didn't like the TB-3?