IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Yeah! The first time I saw it was at an mc Escher exhibit in Rome... My jaw hit the floor. I was super psyched to see they had a print in the gift shop!

Yeah! The first time I saw it was at an mc Escher exhibit in Rome... My jaw hit the floor. I was super psyched to see they had a print in the gift shop!

There is a cool video version of it, that was in some documentary on Escher, that I watched. I forget the name of it right now, I took it out from the library a year or so ago.

Guest volg4

You can turn it off.

Shift + Bar (with the little white dot below it).

First thing I do when powering up my 202's. Yes, it's annoying.

ive tried this a few times and couldnt get it to work... must have a friday 202

I just uploaded a bunch of photos to flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nevenen/

plz 2 enjoy my sarcastic wit in the descriptions.

ground up mimes getting fed into the mono channels = lol

nice! i have that same mixer, how are you satisfied with yours?

also, would you recommend that behringer tube compressor? mainly for noisy/drony stuff, doesn't need to be really clean.

do you mean the behringer or the mackie? both ok really, berry has some issues with noisy channels and sometimes the preamp on ch1 goes wonky

the tube comp is pretty cool, build quality is a bit shite, i use the gate a lot and the comp is kinda groovy, the tubes are quite subtle, might upgrade them at some point...

recently rebuilt the studio and the tube comps lights all went out, then i dropped something on it and a set came back on :shuriken:

Is that a Fleshlight on your bed?

i assumed you misspelled flashlight there but i doublechecked in google image search in case it was the name of some bit of music gear i hadn't heard of...

it's not

lolol

some awesome studios and general nice creative spaces in this thread

iep, the acoustics in there must be horrible.

Get some bass traps and some foam

Edited by acid1

This is the downstairs jam area:

This is my setup. My laptop is the missing centerpiece of this area.

Edited by hautlle

I was gonna give you shit about shamefully buying a Gaia and shamelessly posting a picture of it, but then I listened to the track in your signature and found it to be surprisingly decent... Really took the wind out of my sails.

I was gonna give you shit about shamefully buying a Gaia and shamelessly posting a picture of it, but then I listened to the track in your signature and found it to be surprisingly decent... Really took the wind out of my sails.

lol, that half of things belong to my house mate ;)

My portion of the studio is all on the small white table, minus a couple things (you can see my only hardware, DSI Tetra, all the way in the back by the lamp.)

After playing with that Gaia, they are actually nice synths, but I wouldn't buy one.

Edited by hautlle

for playing live, i think a launchpad or equivalent is a must-own controller. it completes any set up, and the launchpad is the cheapest, plus comes equipped with some very intuitive ways of controlling ableton straight out the box (although i think that akai with the knobs etc is only a little cheaper?). i'm really getting into my max msp recently, so getting up to date on all innovations from the community is really exciting (you can emulate a monome with the launchpad!), and the connotations for max for live too are just as great.

essentially electronic music suffers from the 'playing solitaire' stigma, so given we still live in a pre-touch-interface-as-standard world, the monome/launchpad is the missing link. using a computer involves lots of clicks, and lots of click and drags. click and drag is accomodated by most knobs/sliders, so multiple clicks are for buttons, ie. monome/launchpad.

it'll be posted up soon enough, but this relavant to my AV project. in it i was looking for the 'removal of all traditional interaction with the computer in favour of hands-on intuitive control with multimedia devices'. this was pretty much the impetus for buying the launchpad

Guest iamabe

damn. i have maschine and it can emulate a launchpad but 4x4 grid sucks for most situations. would love an 8x8 launchpad.

• 4 weeks later...