IGNORED

Boards of Canada - New Album

Joyrex

...no sir - I have it on good authority that Mike and Marcus have been working on a new album all this year... no details yet on what direction they're going in or when it would be coming out, but it's great to know they're back in the studio and preparing to delight us again with their unique brand of music...

I'm waiting for more word on the possible reissuance of the old tunes or pre-Twoism releases, so stay tuned.

Also, just because they say they are working on a new album does NOT mean that it will be out anytime soon - we knew about Geogaddi some time before it came out...

Guest cyphersum
How about another contest? :boc:

i'm completely in... head first... shallow end of pool

1st place gets a North Face gift pack :laughing:

Guest skytree
wait, they have their own studio don't they? they're not like a touring rock band or something... i'm sure they're working on new music all the time.
i was about to say the same thing.

a 'return to the studio' for me means coming home to my apartment at the end of the day...can't imagine it's much different for the boc lads, sans the traveling they likely do.

wait, they have their own studio don't they? they're not like a touring rock band or something... i'm sure they're working on new music all the time.

i was about to say the same thing.

a 'return to the studio' for me means coming home to my apartment at the end of the day...can't imagine it's much different for the boc lads, sans the traveling they likely do.

Well.. they have been apart.. travelling eh? So makes sense to me.

making music and making music are two different things.

think about it.

being devoted to make and especially finish music or just mock around a bit, having jolly good fun writing tunes are two totally different things.

don't get me wrong here though, it's not like making music isn't jolly good fun but there's devotion and devotion.

making music and making music are two different things.

think about it.

being devoted to make and especially finish music or just mock around a bit, having jolly good fun writing tunes are two totally different things.

don't get me wrong here though, it's not like making music isn't jolly good fun but there's devotion and devotion.

I agree with you, its easy just to mess around with music, but actually making a complete song takes devotion and some patience too

How about another contest? :boc:

I was thinking about that... but right now finishing WATMM is my #1 priority. Perhaps after the first of the year.

a new contest would be great. do your feelers indicate that they would be receptive to doing something like that again or are they just plain sick of us already?

No, I don't know either way - all I can do is ask, and all they can say is yes or no.

More contests please.

BTW, love your new banner Joyrex.

Yes this is the first song of the new album.

Where did you get this? It sounds like them, but is totaly different than Campfire Headphase and Trans Canada Highway, I guess they changed their music again if this is real.

And if this is the first song, why is the title "second"

Guest Glass Plate

Yes this is the first song of the new album.

Where did you get this? It sounds like them, but is totaly different than Campfire Headphase and Trans Canada Highway, I guess they changed their music again if this is real.

And if this is the first song, why is the title "second"

it's not them at all, it sounds horrible.

Seeing that days before the TCH release announcement you told us you had it on good authority from Warp that there was no immanent BoC release, I can only assume that this time when you tell us they are working on a new album, they are in fact sitting on the beach in Tahiti.

(and no I'm not going to let you live that down, heh)

Archived