IGNORED

Come to Daddy: Where do you rate it?

oyster

So, what's the deal with Come To Daddy? I like parts of it, but why is it the most popular Aphex Twin song. It doesn't seem like his best to me. What's the deal, am I missing something?

Guest Adjective

i think people over-hate because of its popularity

it's a good track, creative, the clipping scream is awesome

nein! sorry, nein! it looks like (sounds like) some tracks of Prodigy's band... maybe a great track (come to daddy) but not better than windowlicker... also this 'come to daddy' track is not the best if we listen all aphex created b4 this track... and "i think people over-hate because of its popularity" is a ridiculous thought! it's because it's commercialized that pure fans or the "drugged-listener" of aphex who hate it!!!! lol no! sorry, it's because some who listened this track (or saw the video) have bought this ep... & if u remark, it's only by the videos as 'come to daddy' or 'windowlicker' which did 2 know aphex twin himself 2 all the world! it's not only these tracks! if they haven't videos created by Chris Cunningham, i'm sure they would b not hits... but good tracks as some RDJ album, i care because you do, SAW II, etc.

hope u understand what i mean...

i think people over-hate because of its popularity

it's a good track, creative, the clipping scream is awesome

i guess i agree but still - 5/10

the other songs on the ep pwn it deluxxx

Guest Drahken

Its honestly probably my least favorite track on that ep. Its not a bad song by any means, but to be truthful about the only time I ever listen to it is when watching the video.

I don't like the track much, I guess I rate it 6/10, because if I'm in the right mood the underlying melody is really nice & aphex-y. I would like to hear it without the distorted vocals.

Guest Caustic
I say the Lord Faulternroy mix is worse.

I hate those vocals.

Blasphemy!

Opinions do exist these days.

Guest Count Binoculars
Come to Daddy: Where do you rate it?, The song not the EP

I dont. I dont like "techno". i only joined this forum to get laid.

Come to Daddy: Where do you rate it?, The song not the EP

I dont. I dont like "techno". i only joined this forum to get laid.

lol

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah
everyone is (apart from richard devine)

funny thing is, i have never heard a richard devine track that i even remotely cared for. designing sounds is one thing, making music is another entirely.

having said that though, i dont really care for come to daddy.

maybe not worth mentioning but, in Grandma's Boy, JP listens to a looped version of the end of come to daddy.

and i happen to rate that movie quite high.

Guest griever

"come to daddy" is kind of psychopatic ^^. good track (i love the long scream :-D ), but it goes pretty much into the mainstream, like "windowlicker", too. i like the licker more because there's more variety and the sound is "fatter" in my opinion...

Archived