IGNORED

Joyrex + Aphex = Falling out?

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was nice to hear some real instruments on an Aphex Twins album after so many years of computer stuff. It's clear that he had matured as a musician and therefore moved on to real instruments/real music.

imho idk

I think it was nice to hear some real instruments on an Aphex Twins album after so many years of computer stuff. It's clear that he had matured as a musician and therefore moved on to real instruments/real music.

imho idk

ho ho ho, he said on an electronic music forum. Brave words indeed.

Of course you don't have much to fear.

tumblr_mj5pp15flb1r4d6aeo1_500-e13793800

My girlfriend often sits at the piano and does improv jams that always end up sounding like something off Druqs. It's really quite uncanny. One day I'm going to record an album of it, if I can ever get her to relax in front of the mic. Heh, I didn't mean to throw "quite" in there... I think it's a pretty common emphasis word in North America.

I find a good place to start is just writing random notes distributed freely over the staff in a midi program with a nice piano selected, then rendering the nice bits of the resultant recording down with plenty reverb.

bingo, unusual beauty with very little work.

Guest Kenneth172

I find a good place to start is just writing random notes distributed freely over the staff in a midi program with a nice piano selected, then rendering the nice bits of the resultant recording down with plenty reverb.

bingo, unusual beauty with very little work.

Sounds quite good.

imho idk

ho ho ho, he said on an electronic music forum. Brave words indeed.

Of course you don't have much to fear.

tumblr_mj5pp15flb1r4d6aeo1_500-e13793800

ztowvtaaxafmwhdl7srp.gif

imho idk

Hopefully he can put some real drums in their maybe with a real drummer LMAO!! But I think his new music will have beats and rhythms which is good because I can listen to in front of others without being ashamed that i'm listening to weird music LOL!!!

what about a real piano that would be awesome I hope he does someting with that and not those fake instruments like synth and sampler and computer and such.

imho idk

Hopefully he can put some real drums in their maybe with a real drummer LMAO!! But I think his new music will have beats and rhythms which is good because I can listen to in front of others without being ashamed that i'm listening to weird music LOL!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats exactly what i mean. every time i listen to selected ambient works 1 people are like "rofl your so weird mate why dont you listen to real music" and it makes me really sad and wish that i could listen to real music like everyone do. if the aphex twins wood hire a real drummer i can finally listen to their music with people nearby LMAO!!!!!

imo tbqh

imho idk

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats exactly what i mean. every time i listen to selected ambient works 1 people are like "rofl your so weird mate why dont you listen to real music" and it makes me really sad and wish that i could listen to real music like everyone do. if the aphex twins wood hire a real drummer i can finally listen to their music with people nearby LMAO!!!!!

imo tbqh

LMOROLF!!! Forgot for a second that its aphex TWINS LOL! They are music is two weird to be one person LMAOL!!!

imhho.

I did not get drukQs AT ALL upon first listening to it. I persevered and listened to the entirety of the back catalog which helped to give drukQs context. It's one of the only albums where practically any track can completely transfix and paralyze me; it's so complex but effortlessly so. Quite great!

maybe he just thinks the idea of someone judging his art to be absurd. I get that vibe from his interviews anyway. Seems like he just puts music out there, and if you like it, good. If you don't, who cares?

Oh wait, THERE SHOULD BE CARING. Yeah! I'm going to go write a review with words about what I thought about the music, give it a score out of 100 or 10.0 or whatever, and it can be calculated into metacritic so people KNOW how good the music is beforehand. It's kind of silly.

Guest glasse

maybe he just thinks the idea of someone judging his art to be absurd. I get that vibe from his interviews anyway. Seems like he just puts music out there, and if you like it, good. If you don't, who cares?

Oh wait, THERE SHOULD BE CARING. Yeah! I'm going to go write a review with words about what I thought about the music, give it a score out of 100 or 10.0 or whatever, and it can be calculated into metacritic so people KNOW how good the music is beforehand. It's kind of silly.

Maybe he can have that attitude if he uploads it to Bandcamp for free. If he intends to make it commercially available there are going to be reviews and critiques just like there are for any entertainment for profit.

Archived