B2 Half-Handed Cloud: "Pre-teen Apocalyptic Film Acting (Medley)"

European "Hollows":

A1 The Hollows

A2 Good Friday (Boards of Canada remix)

B1 Dump: "Yoyo Bye Bye"

B2 Islands: "Broken Crow"

source:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...n-why-on-single

elephant eyelash is still a favorite of the past few years and the best anticon release ever in my opinion. cannot wait for the new album which is called 'Alopecia' and drops March 11.

seems very odd that europe gets a BOC remix and the US get DNTEL instead. but i guess we should be happy to get more music.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest your mom

So seriously who really likes this remix or this song in general? Don't lie because I'll know, just say what you know I'm thinking.

Guest awkward

i like why? i like boc. i like the remix. haven't heard the original yet though. theres a huge thread in the boc forum if you wanna discuss the remix further.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
i like why? i like boc. i like the remix. haven't heard the original yet though. theres a huge thread in the boc forum if you wanna discuss the remix further.

a friend of mine heard this ep and said it sucks but hes not a fan of why rapping, which supposedly the ep features predominantly. I don't mind why rapping but the elephant eyelash indie rock type why was pretty goddamn cool, and I'd really like to see more of that.

• 2 months later...

It's "out there" since like 3 weeks...

It's good, but I don't really like the directions he took since his first lp "oaklazylum" (don't really remember the name)

I loved his first lp, but since he became a band, and is more into rock and pop, I don't really like it anymore...

The original version of good friday is great though...

Guest awkward

i'm waiting for it to come out so i can go buy it then listen to it. oldskool fan style

and i disagree with you on his directions getting worse. i think the band is great and although i think 'oaklandazulasylum' is a great solo album - the last one was so much better, more accomplished. i'm hoping this one is another step up.

Guest tht! tne
So seriously who really likes this remix or this song in general? Don't lie because I'll know, just say what you know I'm thinking.

i don't but i keep checking up on anticon. in case they evolve into what i think they should be

I've been listening to this album for a few days and I really like it. It lacks some of the dirtiness that I love about previous Why? albums, but it is still definitely their sound and Yoni's lyrics are as good as ever. All in all it is good and I can't wait to see them in April when they come to KS.

Listening to the samples on Boomkat just now, and this is sounding like quite a mighty fine album.

Maybe I've not listened through far enough for this impression to change, but it seems like it has a lot in common stylistically with Elephant Eyelash.

Why? sure has a distinctive way with lyrics. My favourite so far is from Fatalist Palmistry:

"I sleep on my back 'coz it's good for the spine and coffin rehearsal/I know a psychic who reads her own palm and her findings are personal".

Listening to the samples on Boomkat just now, and this is sounding like quite a mighty fine album.

Maybe I've not listened through far enough for this impression to change, but it seems like it has a lot in common stylistically with Elephant Eyelash.

Why? sure has a distinctive way with lyrics. My favourite so far is from Fatalist Palmistry:

"I sleep on my back 'coz it's good for the spine and coffin rehearsal/I know a psychic who reads her own palm and her findings are personal".

Dude that line has constantly been in my head for like 2 days now

Dude that line has constantly been in my head for like 2 days now

I've frequently broke into song over the past few days, singing that line over and over; there's something quite addictive about it (I think it's partially the the catchiness of the music that accompanies it).

Archived