IGNORED

who here likes erik satie

Fred McGriff

I knew about Erik Satie before I knew about Aphex Twin. :confused: In fact, a review of Drukqs said that aphex sounded like erik satie, and convinced me to buy it.

Guest HokusPoker

When Stockhausen died and the German television was full of "He's strange, but he must have been some kind of genius" reviews, I thought:

Wow, they know that guy that Aphex Twin told me about!

To me, it was like a bit of RDJ was in the news, and that, in a way, is quite funny, but weird.

I like Eric Satie because I heard his music and it was nice. Simple, yet stirring.

PS: I haven't listened to much debussy, but the song in the youtube vid Brain posted is incredible. When I go on my classical music binge, he will be top of my list.

satie is dreamy minimalism/ i've been listening to french pianists longer than i've been listening to aphex

btw: move this to gen banter

Can't front on the Gnossiennes. That shit is tite. There are some biographical/personality similarities between RDJ and Satie that I find quite interesting, not least of all their shared dislike of discussing their own work.

because aphex twin told you to do so?

wait... are we supposed to hate satie because mcgriff is telling us to?

you're definitely reading into that too much. i just happened to make this thread while i was listening to satie yesterday. i like satie and only knew about him after drukqs. i do whatever RDJ tells me to do.

Archived