IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

been on a bit of a content binge as of late. finished the tracy morgan audiobook. i liked it, but im glad i didnt pay for it...

going to order this:

twilight_man.jpg

When the tourists empty the streets, the rats come out. When the neon turns off is when I’m on the clock. I carry a gun. I’m an alarm agent. Chinatown is another world, existing separate and distinct from the world that surrounds it. It is a city within a city, perhaps even a town within a city. Think you know or understand it - you’re wrong. Beneath its quaint facade lurks a hidden world with its own hidden history and its own hidden laws. It’s a world I inhabit on an almost nightly basis, from around midnight ‘til dawn. If you’re a businessman in the district, I’m your best friend, the only living soul keeping a watchful eye on your assets when the streets are empty but for rodents, night and fog. If you’re a lowlife trying to rip off those busi- nesses, I’m paid to stop you. My job is simple. If an alarm goes off in an establishment, I’m informed by radio and dispatched to the address. If the place appears to be secure and unmolested I call it in as a false alarm. If someone is up to no good, I take ‘em down. My tag is agent 1225, and I work for Twilight Alarm Company. This is my story.

i find boyd rice entertaining so im sure itll at least have some interesting stories. now to scrape together 15 bucks..

Guest uptown devil

read 'the call of the wild' by jack london this weekend, then read 'the greatest man in the world' by james thurber, and am now finishing up 'the stranger' by albert camus.

Has anybody read Yevgeny Zamyatin's "We" ? .... quite intrigued by this book - A Russian dystopian future written in the 1920's, predating and influencing Orwell's "1984" and Huxley's "Brave New World".

'We' is one of the greatest books I have ever read. Orwell read 'We' and then wrote '1984' as his response to the book. If you love '1984' then you need to read 'We'.

Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh.

I love that book - definitely ranks in my top 5.

Yeah, Trainspotting's a great novel. But I've never enjoyed anything else by Irvine Welsh. The Acid House had its moments, I guess.

Has anybody read Yevgeny Zamyatin's "We" ? .... quite intrigued by this book - A Russian dystopian future written in the 1920's, predating and influencing Orwell's "1984" and Huxley's "Brave New World".

A really great book, if you're into the dystopia thing you really should give it a shot. I lost my copy of it years ago which really sucks. :cry:

A really great book, if you're into the dystopia thing you really should give it a shot. I lost my copy of it years ago which really sucks. :cry:

i'll take your word for it.. Atop previously folowed up on my post and recommended the book but recently he inferred that I know nothing about "rock n roll" and tried to introduce me to Jimi Hendrix so when he recommended it I thought it must just be a good book for retards like him .... thanks Dan C. - i'll give it a look in

i'll take your word for it.. Atop previously folowed up on my post and recommended the book but recently he inferred that I know nothing about "rock n roll" and tried to introduce me to Jimi Hendrix so when he recommended it I thought it must just be a good book for retards like him .... thanks Dan C. - i'll give it a look in

I just figured you only listen to a 303 in your room while crying because of your shitty attitude. I didn't think you know nothing about rock'n'roll, I just figured you didn't know anything about fuck all.

A tiny difference there TH'UDD, innit?

I have impeccable tastes, never question my opinions.

History_of_Political_Philosophy_cover_3rd_ed.jpg

Fantastic read. Easy to understand for a layman, and brings up thoughtful critiques/suggestions for further reading on all mentioned....I was however, a bit disappointed in that it only went up to about the 1940s.....was hoping for some Straussian/Friedman/nu-Austrian school stuff.

1Q84.gif

I'm starting this!

Same here—I've been finicky as FUCK as of late, reading-wise, finally putting down Ficciones for this. Just twenty or thirty pages in, and I'm very curious how this will play out considering the decidedly mixed reviews.

I just figured you only listen to a 303 in your room while crying because of your shitty attitude. I didn't think you know nothing about rock'n'roll, I just figured you didn't know anything about fuck all.

A tiny difference there TH'UDD, innit?

I have impeccable tastes, never question my opinions.

it's too easy

thanks for letting me off easy LUDD....

anyhow, reading 'Neonomicon' by Moore and it is fucking disgusting, disturbing and not his best work by a mile, the art is quite awesome though if you are a Lovecraft fan.