IGNORED

Autechre, London 04_03_08 - Photos

Guest tesselate

Guest Kenneth172
I'm confused--do London venues have any climate control? Everyone talks about being cold while SND and Ae look ready for Arctic exploration. Or, is it a request by Ae (like turning the lights off) so they can sport the latest North Face?

Great pictures--looks totally stripped: MPC, Monomachine, and MachineDrum?

Minimal set up...

Cheers for posting the pics tesselate.

Guest tesselate

yo,

well the hearn street car park was pretty much outside, so there was a ton of people wearing jackets etc.

Best venue Ive been to, you don't get boiling hot in some small ass room, not sure about the tokens for drinks thing

was a bit odd, but thats not the venue itself.

I did have the first 10 minutes of the AE set, but the bass overwhelmed the speakers on my camera, so you can barely hear anything.

cheers

Sam

Yeah the venue was pretty much outside and at 1am it's pretty damn cold.

I expect the tokens for beer thing was because the 'venue' has no licencing being that it was a car park.

Loved the venue, SND were sweet as, Rob Hall was solid as usual and autechre ruled my face. Really good atmosphere.

Favourite bit was in SND's set where they effectively tried to find the brown note :yeah:

I expect the tokens for beer thing was because the 'venue' has no licencing being that it was a car park.

Loved the venue, SND were sweet as, Rob Hall was solid as usual and autechre ruled my face. Really good atmosphere.

Favourite bit was in SND's set where they effectively tried to find the brown note :yeah:

I couldn't get along with SND that well, apart from the aforementioned brown note, haha. They have some wicked sounds but generally it's just fucked up beat - break - slightly different fucked up beat - break for what felt like eternity!

Funny as fuck when someone shouted "Someone give them a different tape!" though

I couldn't get along with SND that well, apart from the aforementioned brown note, haha. They have some wicked sounds but generally it's just fucked up beat - break - slightly different fucked up beat - break for what felt like eternity!

Funny as fuck when someone shouted "Someone give them a different tape!" though

yesh SND isnt for everybody, it took me a while for their music to click with me and once it did i find myself listening to it often

i think at the very least there isnt anybody making music quite like they are

Their new set rocks....I was a bit let down by the sound though, and i went a bit mental for the first ten minutes to the fat hip hop beats they were throwin out and was somewhat fucked after that. There was an absolute ton of bass, which was really sweet, but you were almost better off goin back towards the end of the venue for the sound to equalize, up front you were bombarded. The techno kick that they drop in to the mix half way through knocked me for six, sounded fuckin great. I hope to dear god that a bootleg of this surfaces.

wicked! North Faeeeece!

North Face - the new Burberry. FFS.

LOL every joe bloggs is wearing one! I have a brown number but its only for work and it was free..

Incredible over all, I didn't get into SND much although that bass explosion did hit the spot. Rob Hall was tight as fuck, wicked tracks, ridiculously smooth transitions, it sounded like the tracks melted into one another when he dropped that Aphex. Autechre were immense, exceeded my expectations. Not overly beard strokey at all, they fucking raved it up. The sound system was ludicrously loud, my ears still feel affected, wish I'd had ear plugs. The bass felt like fat worms trying to wriggle into my ears but struggling because they're too big. Violated.

I was part of your group Tesselate, met you in 'The Light' with the Audio Aubergine crew.

Looking forward to seeing Autechre at Glade!

awesome pics yo! are you the bearded guy in some of those pics? i wish i lived in cold climes... i love wearing jackets and coats with fuzzy hoods!

Guest tesselate

aha cool stuff cellar, yeh was a wicked set, the whole night was pretty damn good. Rob Hall tearing it up inbetween snd and autechre, then he rinsed it after ae as well, quality.

Yeh thats me the bearded man in a few of the pics, managed to bag the front spot as I wanted to get some good pics.

Guest Retrig
http://www.vimeo.com/772736

Good to see that they are still playing this song. If they play this when I see them I will freak out.

Still? Pardon my raging massive Guinness intoxifacation but isn't this IO off Quarstice? If so you're hella oldschool y0.

Archived