Closely

Pedophile

Lord

Chancellor

Peeing

Light

Cum

Guest Ultravisitor

could anyone pm me these eps? or upload them on to the internet?

im mighty poor at the moment and would love to hear this massive ambient track! (and the rest, of course)

edit: the first two tracks are pretty cool, all i can afford atm

im mighty poor at the moment and would love to hear this massive ambient track! (and the rest, of course)

how can you afford to be online?

Guest Ultravisitor

how can you afford to be online?

well, i still live with my mother. even though thats changing in a month.

some of us on this forum are still young-uns.

I figured you were young from your posts. You seem to have a wide eyed innocence about the world around you.

Like when Tom Hanks in Big when he sticks his head out the Limousine sunroof. Thats the image i see when i read your posts.

Guest Ultravisitor
I figured you were young from your posts. You seem to have a wide eyed innocence about the world around you.

Like when Tom Hanks in Big when he sticks his head out the Limousine sunroof. Thats the image i see when i read your posts.

hahahahahaha awesome

ok... i absorbed this release and perlence subrange 3 caught my attention imediately! mostly because that track contains my favorite parts from range 3... also, the woodblock sound reminds me of rosa parks by outkast!

the rest is awesome too!

Guest Tankakern
People here seem to smoke and then listen back to stuff and enjoy it. That's fair enough, but I'm deeply affected by lots of minimal ambient music completely sober, and this new Perlence doesn't do much for me at all. It sounds lazy and "loopy". Maybe after getting really stoned it'd make more "sense", but most stuff sounds amazing stoned anyway (and I don't particularly want to smoke to enjoy music anymore!) :)

I'm not sure if anybody else put this out people would bat an eyelid. I've heard much better ambient from unsigned artists online, and from old Ae albums like Garbage.

Its absolutely ridiculous that people post messages on this board declaring their new found love for tracks while being completely fucked on drugs. I'd probably like Dolly Parton if i was under influence constantly.

Clitterhaus: Its funny how you come on this board once in a while and offend people, calling them noobs or brats, etc.

People here seem to smoke and then listen back to stuff and enjoy it. That's fair enough, but I'm deeply affected by lots of minimal ambient music completely sober, and this new Perlence doesn't do much for me at all. It sounds lazy and "loopy". Maybe after getting really stoned it'd make more "sense", but most stuff sounds amazing stoned anyway (and I don't particularly want to smoke to enjoy music anymore!) :)

I'm not sure if anybody else put this out people would bat an eyelid. I've heard much better ambient from unsigned artists online, and from old Ae albums like Garbage.

Its absolutely ridiculous that people post messages on this board declaring their new found love for tracks while being completely fucked on drugs. I'd probably like Dolly Parton if i was under influence constantly.

Clitterhaus: Its funny how you come on this board once in a while and offend people, calling them noobs or brats, etc.

You're right.

I've heard some new amazing new struggling artists (and spoke to a few) and it's a shame they don't get the attention they deserve. While the 'big names' can release absolutely anything and get people trying their best to 'get it', whether they like it or not, by spending six months forcing themselves to listen to it and/or smoking copious amounts of skunk and shoving it on really loud and getting 'in the zone', newer artists put great stuff out and it's so easily dismissed.

Makes me sad. :(

Sorry about that rant. I'm not sure it'd make much sense to a lot of people...

Guest Hanratty

I disagree with the statement that everything sounds better when you are stoned. Some music really takes off in that setting, but plenty of stuff falls flat. I think the main thing is to *just listen*, and not scan a website or talk on phone or do the dishes, just listen. AE has repeatedly proven that their music is worth the effort.

You're right.

I've heard some new amazing new struggling artists (and spoke to a few) and it's a shame they don't get the attention they deserve. While the 'big names' can release absolutely anything and get people trying their best to 'get it', whether they like it or not, by spending six months forcing themselves to listen to it and/or smoking copious amounts of skunk and shoving it on really loud and getting 'in the zone', newer artists put great stuff out and it's so easily dismissed.

I absolutely agree, when you trick someone into thinking they are listening to Autechre, The Tuss, Or Aphex twin they percieve it with a much more open mind and willingness to let it grow on them than they would an artist they were unfamiliar with.

if anybody thinks this is false, they would be attempting to rewrite history.

hahahahahaha awesome

Crazy funny

:laughing:

Guest Kenneth172

You're right.

Makes absolute sense. I hear you loud and clear.

Guest maddestmax

new artists put out good stuff. sure.

but i don't get what so many peoples problem is with smoking grass/hash, or taking drugs in general and listening to music.

it rocks. i understand that some people dont tolerate drugs that well, which is fine.

but many are afraid of changing their state of mind and call being sober the best without knowing shit.

- - - call being sober the best without knowing shit.

yeah right....not.

I just look around in the society and ask myself - who uses drugs? where does the drugs get them? how do drugusers look/act/evolve? do I want to be a part of the drug using community? do I like what drugs creates of the people around me?

no, of course not. I like music.

( as being a part of a welfare society I still have to pay a part of the costs and problems drugs create, it doesn't bother me that much - but the constant glorifying of drugs and the "it's nothing to be afraid of" makes ME the "maddest"..... )

oh, and btw - the new autechre stuff is great, no need for drugs to hear that

Guest Kenneth172

Let the fuckwits take drugs. If it fucks them up and they suffer the long-term consequences they've only themselves to blame. The media is largely to blame for glorifying drugs though, seems like a few people on here have fallen victim to that.

Archived