IGNORED

plaid did a remix for alien...

QBLA

do any of you have this? i have the vinyl, but it's at my inlaws house in california. i haven't heard it in about 5 years and i have the sudden urge to hear it again... i just don't remember the name of it! any of you have this available for dl?

!

Guest PusillanimousRex

I've got this. It was available on Beatport until just recently, but I checked and it appears to have been removed.

I'll upload it sometime this eve, time permitting.

I've got this. It was available on Beatport until just recently, but I checked and it appears to have been removed.

I'll upload it sometime this eve, time permitting.

awesome! i checked beatport, bleep, and itunes and niether had it. thanks!

Guest PusillanimousRex

Yeah, this one was a real favourite of mine when I first got it in '98(?). It was on regular rotation for years.

This track features a really nice example of a particular aspect of their production style I especially like, and that only Plaid do - the quick, percussive melody that follows an unpredictable pattern, and that sounds basic until you listen closely and realize that not only does it never do the same thing twice, but it's actually really complex. Like the piano melody from their Sieg Uber Die Sonne remix, or the flutey bits from All Is Full Of Love... Or background melodies from Dang Spot... Sort of like what other acts do with a bass drum and snare, though far less obvious. With these guys, its always what your ears aren't drawn to at first that should be paid particular attention to. A big part of why I like them so much.

Archived