IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

decided to make pancakes today, here are a few pics to illustrate;

firstly check out this giant blueberry

IMG_20150830_104414_zpssxdewk5k.jpg

the first one was with blueberries, pears and greek yogurt...

IMG_20150830_104927_zpsflj2pnf9.jpg

yerm yerm! then the next i made with pears, lemon juice and a little sugar...

IMG_20150830_105550_zpsotcef5rq.jpg

unfortunately, lemon juice and pears don't seem to go that well together. nevermind. last one is...

IMG_20150830_110955_zps95gonk8e.jpg

just the blueberries and greek yogurt.

Were they real blueberries or bog bilberries? Lots of places sell bog bilberry as blueberries.

Erm...

Read about it some time ago in a newspaper. Also, my girlfriend had been buying "blueberries" and then we noticed that they weren't blue but white inside. Berry lies!

Anyway...

I just had a cortado.

23rkghd.jpg

miaoli gold award winning 2014 oriental beauty

had some tarka dahl yesterday.

@mdm chaos, you should D1 gin with fevertree elderflower gin, loads of ice and a quarter lime squeezed in. its my favourite g&t. chase gin, the tall bottle is very nice as well. its worth ordering from the internets as it really is something special

theres something really special about it. whereas something like chase has a deep plummy creaminess about it, this has a sorta energetic zing going through it, which really works with the elderflower tonic and limes. its really good.

i buy from places like https://www.masterofmalt.com/as you cant buy it in the shop.

me and a friend did 'the gin experiment' which consisted of buying lots of different gin to see which made the best G&T. This was deemed the winner. - basically i just bought all the gins which had one awards each year, this had a gold medal a year ago.

we tried - beefeater 24 (not bad for the price), gordons (yuck), portabello, sipsmiths, chase, chase ltd, chase gin vodka, adnams (tastes like copper), wild wood, wild wood aged, edgerton, botanist, city of london, No.3.

i think chase, beefeater 24, sipsmiths, edgerton & D1 were generally the best. No.3 isnt bad either

this one is worth it:

T3x9MZdn.png

Old Speckled Hen right now, may have one or two Pringles before cold meat dinner later.

Why is there no gin thread yet, unless I've missed it?

lets do this

lets do this

I'll get a gin thread going next time I have time to write. Current fave is Jensens from Bermondsey. Tried it while on the Bermondsey beer mile and bought a bottle. Very happy spratters.

I just bought a slice of pizza down the street

I was eating it on the way home

when a cute girl in the passenger seat of a car parked at a red light

yelled "can I have a bite of your pizza?"

so I obliged

it was weird

the end

p.s.

if I should suddenly die

make sure to tell the authorities that it was the cute girl in the passenger seat