IGNORED

Forum Upgraded!

Joyrex

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, nicely done :beer:

One difference I've noticed is a small aesthetic difference. On the previous version, if you clicked "We Are The Music Makers Forums" below the Subforum Quick Nav, the subforums were listed in two columns under WATMM Featured Artists. It now appears to be a single column, with Aphex Twin appearing to be the lead item of the tree, but the rest seem to have List Item style dots beside them.

I think the biggest request for the "new" site is to resurrect the map feature. This seems to cool to not have with such an international group of people here. I'm endlessly fascinated by social and urban geography, i beg of you, bring it back! :ok:

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Why is it cool nowadays to only take up 1/3 of the browser window? Is there going to be massive ads in the margins?

Watmm is not nearly as bad as some -- at least it's centered.

Watmm is not nearly as bad as xltronic -- at least it's centered.

fixd.

also, i can't see any other skins either. not that it matters, i just want to see my options.

Guest Helper ET

hey joyrex while youre changing a bunch of shit, up the number of post views when viewing someones profile. 5 posts? cmon that is way too low. it should be like 20 or 50. im always looking around for a specific post and i almost never find it. if there was more posts available to look at in a profile, this would make things a whole lot better

also when i wake up from a night of drunk watmming i like to see what happened the night before seeing as i never remember anything, and there's always way more than 5

i know your always slagging me off but you should really do this

thanks

Yeah it seems the skins are gone again.

I like having the forum as wide as it is. It means I can have an IRC or IM open with out having dual monitors and without having to alt-tab all the time.

hey joyrex while youre changing a bunch of shit, up the number of post views when viewing someones profile. 5 posts? cmon that is way too low. it should be like 20 or 50. im always looking around for a specific post and i almost never find it. if there was more posts available to look at in a profile, this would make things a whole lot better

also when i wake up from a night of drunk watmming i like to see what happened the night before seeing as i never remember anything, and there's always way more than 5

i know your always slagging me off but you should really do this

thanks

i thought you'd fucked off.

why didn't you fuck off?

Looks good, nicely done :beer:

One difference I've noticed is a small aesthetic difference. On the previous version, if you clicked "We Are The Music Makers Forums" below the Subforum Quick Nav, the subforums were listed in two columns under WATMM Featured Artists. It now appears to be a single column, with Aphex Twin appearing to be the lead item of the tree, but the rest seem to have List Item style dots beside them.

The two columns thing was an addon... I liked it too, so if there's an updated verison, I'll add it back.

I want the arcade back

I need to upgrade it to the latest version that is compatible with this forum software.

Why is it cool nowadays to only take up 1/3 of the browser window? Is there going to be massive ads in the margins?

Watmm is not nearly as bad as some -- at least it's centered.

Read the previous discussion (a few pages back) as to why... and no, no ads planned for now.

Is it possible to put the subforums back up on the top as quick links or whatever?

Will try and do this today - relatively simple to do.

I'm getting the feeling there will never be more skins.

Oh, ye of little faith... and yes there WILL be other skins - however, don't be surprised if they don't deviate from this general structure much - colours, interface, etc. will be different, but the overall layout will probably stay similar.

The skins button isn't showing up for some reason

I disabled it - the older skins are not 100% compatible with this board, which is why they were disabled (again).

Archived