IGNORED

What personality traits did you inherit from your parents?

BobDobalina

my mom is ocd, and while I'm nowhere near as bad I definitely have some obsessive/compulsive tendencies. Then you got my dad, who can be a thrifty/stingy fucker a lot of the time, and I've taken on some of that as well. Plus I know he got it from his dad, living through (& getting fucked over by) the depression - the first one, not the current one. Funny how you can be aware of these traits, be irritated by them in other people, yet you usually end up with those of your parents to a degree nonetheless by nature/nurture. So what were you lucky enough to be bequeathed with?

My mom's ability to control her temper, whereas my sister will explode in a matter of seconds just like my dad.

Both my parents' creativeness.

My dad's interest in music and sound.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i learned recently that my dad has mild ocd. at least some weird thing maybe not ocd maybe autistic? dunno. when eating chips (fries) he lines them up smallest to largest and eats them in order. not that weird but a little strange. when he told us this my brother admitted to doing the exact same. totally independent from my dads chips. i didnt inherit the chip lining up fetish luckily. i do hwowvere line up menus and knives and forks in restaurants.

my mom is a doodler and i do that.

oh they aren't personality traits. oh well. my dad is calm and quiet like me. my mom is manic like my brother.

quite a few things. also stuff from my step-dad (maybe) and sisters though.

one of my sisters used to get extremely pissed off about open-mouthed chewing, stuff like that (still does), and i've got that from her. open-mouthed crisp eating annoys me more than anything.

being relentlessly embarrassing & sometimes very quiet from mother and making music from her side, but she doesn't play any instruments her self

love of music & clothes from my paps

and a general love of films, books, food and culture from both of them

Guest 277: 930-933
my mom is ocd

No she isn't.

Maybe she has ocd but she is not obsessive control disorder.

No way.

Guest Renivatio

My general avoidance of conflict stems from my mothr, however my confrontational side when i need be is from my fathr. my oldr brothr inherit'd my dad's tempr and agressiveness wholesale.

My dad was into for the most part Arabic music, which help'd shape my influences, howevr my mothr lov'd 80's synthpop and metal (from across the board, from dio to kraftwerk) which laid the foundation for my love of teh electronic musics and rock.

my ability in english and written expression is from my mothr and fathr, howevr my ineptitude in maths are from my mothr, my dad's excellent in math.

i have mannerisms from my dad for the most part.

i make a funny grunting noise when in annoyance and i got that from my mom. my grandmothr even has it, lulz.

yeh, a lot o' stuffs.

Guest theSun

i got lots of personality traits from them, neither are musicians though.

my mom likes some wisp though, dad says i listen to "the weirdest shit"

one of my sisters used to get extremely pissed off about open-mouthed chewing, stuff like that (still does), and i've got that from her. open-mouthed crisp eating annoys me more than anything.

Oh, don't get me started on smacky noises and people with bad eating habits.

Total belligerance from my dad and social awkwardness from my mum. They sorta almost cancel each other out. But not quite.

I'm musical but i have no idea where that came from.

Archived