IGNORED

WARP Confirms "Seven Forty Seven" As Unreleased BoC Track

Joyrex

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to it, and it's interesting, because whereas the "interactive" version fit into a post-Geogaddi sound as far as placing it in Boards' musical chronology, this "proper" version seems not to fit anywhere - it would be out of place on MHTRTC, certainly not the pre-Twoism or OT style material, and I'd find it out of place with Geogaddi or The Campfire Headphase or Trans-Canada Highway as well.

on first listen i thought it was IaBPoiTC-era, or at least fit there. but i'll have to give it more listens to decide. perhaps not fitting with other releases is why it was never released in the first place . . .

Joyrex, I think this would have fit perfectly on the Trans Canada Highway EP, as it has the right "glacial sounds." So far, I think it's ok. BoC have certainly mutated haven't they? It continues the path they've been on for a while now, of having less coherent melodies and structure, but more micro-melodies and complex layering and soupy wall-of-sound stuff going on. I like it well enough...

i want to hear this...someone PM me...

just google for Oh no you don't

according to the info file, it's been recorded at the wrong speed anyway.

yes before but this was the fix :boc:

Guest Archrival

Love the track! Wouldn't mind a whole album of shoegazy stuff like this...also absolutely loving the vocal bits on the song.

That "analord" suggestion almost made me puke, I want wall of sound a la Left Side Drive and this one any day.

The replay value of tracks with production like that is just sick!

I found listening to Seven Forty Seven surprisingly crap.

it's definitely just okay. i usually like 'shoegaze' stuff like ulrich schnauss but this just doesn't seem to be like groundbreaking or anything, i don't know

Love the track! Wouldn't mind a whole album of shoegazy stuff like this...also absolutely loving the vocal bits on the song.

That "analord" suggestion almost made me puke, I want wall of sound a la Left Side Drive and this one any day.

The replay value of tracks with production like that is just sick!

ok, if I ask you to hum June 9th in your head, I bet you can do it instantly, same with Everything you Do is a Balloon or numerous earlier BoC tracks. If I ask you to hum 747 you'd just be able to get the beat right, if that. It's a shapeless mass of sound, admittedly with lots of intriguing little details floating in and out. I miss the structure of the earlier work. I do agree with you about replay value, however.

Again, please refrain from posting links to copyrighted material. Thanks.

it was no link just the release name without any linking which is not illegal as there are many nfo sites out there that publish these without legal issues but its ok I will not do it anymore as to respect the artists

it was no link just the release name without any linking which is not illegal as there are many nfo sites out there that publish these without legal issues but its ok I will not do it anymore as to respect the artists

Yes, please do - enabling piracy in any way is frowned upon here...

Yes, please do - enabling piracy in any way is frowned upon here...

except for far eastern teen pr0n dvds - in which case its fully encouraged.

especially to my privates inbox thnx.

Guest Archrival

Listened to the track in a superb sound system today (only heard it on headphones before)....and DAM what a great track! Its easily one of my current favourite BOC tracks. Doesn't it sound like they done some polishing and new production tricks on the track (for me this could be new material by them)?

Listened to the track in a superb sound system today (only heard it on headphones before)....and DAM what a great track! Its easily one of my current favourite BOC tracks. Doesn't it sound like they done some polishing and new production tricks on the track (for me this could be new material by them)?

I don't think they spent too much time on this (too busy working on the new album and other projects); if anything, they probably spent more time initially giving James the separated audio tracks for the old BoC website when he was designing the interactive flying segments using them.

I don't think their new album will have tracks like 747, which I think is totally cool to hear. I think the new album will be heavily influenced by world music. I have no evidence to support this, but I'm pretty sure of it anyway.

Archived