IGNORED

WARP Confirms "Seven Forty Seven" As Unreleased BoC Track

Joyrex

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite like it. kinda fits into the category of BOC songs that are all textural and warm like the beach at redpoint

i need a better rip though

yeah - it hit me the other night, it reminds me so much of Beach At Redpoint - one of my favourite Bocs, the first track to hit me off Geo when I heard it first.

• 1 month later...

In all fairness you have only heard a thirty second loop.

Yeah, I just listened to the 45rpm and the 33 1/3rpm versions, and I don't remember hearing anything like this on that airplane simulator thing.

I listened to it, and it's interesting, because whereas the "interactive" version fit into a post-Geogaddi sound as far as placing it in Boards' musical chronology, this "proper" version seems not to fit anywhere - it would be out of place on MHTRTC, certainly not the pre-Twoism or OT style material, and I'd find it out of place with Geogaddi or The Campfire Headphase or Trans-Canada Highway as well.

Why would that be unexpected? Every album has had a distinct difference from it's predecessors and/or successors. I'm guessing the next album won't sound much like 747, either, if it's been around for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

so i heard the version on youtube????

this is probably one of the best tracks ive ever heard by them....what is the big deal?

does everything they make have to be full of warbly detuned synths?

i would look forward to an album with this kind of aesthetic...lots n lots of layers.

wow just heard the sped up version WOOOWWWWWW thats damn good

holy shit

its like slowdive and boards of canada reaching to each other through some sort of inter-dimensional portal of beauty and spooge its fucking awesome

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

wow just heard the sped up version WOOOWWWWWW thats damn good

holy shit

its like slowdive and boards of canada reaching to each other through some sort of inter-dimensional portal of beauty and spooge its fucking awesome

yeah! souvlaki space station instantly came to mind when i first heard it,.

• 7 months later...
Guest Bramsworth

I much more prefer the original Old Tunes version. This version just throws way too much crap over one another and it sounds like a train wreck of random sounds. The Old Tunes one on the other hand fits an abandoned cabin in the twilight of the night or something. Much more creepy and...feely :P

I much more prefer the original Old Tunes version. This version just throws way too much crap over one another and it sounds like a train wreck of random sounds. The Old Tunes one on the other hand fits an abandoned cabin in the twilight of the night or something. Much more creepy and...feely :P

what old tunes version?

if you're talking about Track 06 Side A, then that is a completely different track. the only similarity is the fact that BoC sampled the intro and tacked it onto Seven Forty Seven.

I agree completely. Plus I liked the older simulator version of 747 better, more stripped down and melodically clear, without so much shit on top.

I agree completely. Plus I liked the older simulator version of 747 better, more stripped down and melodically clear, without so much shit on top.

Well, you do realize that in the "simulator" version, it was nearly impossible to hear all the sounds at the same time, thus it would appear to be "stripped down" and "melodically clear", since each part of the song was assigned to the "markers" that, depending on how close/high you were to them, would sound different. The commercially released track simply presents all the elements together as they were intended to be.

I still think "trails" would have been a better track to release.

Archived