IGNORED

glasgow arts school

early

only just found out about that 256 kbit version... could someone make that available again? all the links are dead now. :(

also, the one Ego uploaded, is that the same one ~ism originally uploaded?

I think so.

http://thomascolliers.com/ae/Live@GlasgowArtSchool%20150405.mp3

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, if anyone has the FLAC version, please do not hesitate to PM me.

The 256K release was butchered, no two ways about it.

I mean, the 128K isn't perfect, what with its restricted frequency range (14Khz filtered) but because of that filtering it doesn't suffer greatly from temporal smearing, so it's a relatively trivial task to recover/replace that lost information using a couple of harmonic exciters, which is what I did to make my own personal copy. The distortion on transients and basslines caused by the brickwalling on the 256K release is practically impossible to fix and sounds imo terrible on a loud system.

The 128K encode is a much truer representation of the performance.

Guest theSun

i simply don't have the server space for any more of these soundboards, so stop sending me them!

i really don't want anyone in this thread to pm me with unreleased FLACs of autechre soundboards.

i mean seriously, what a waste of a pm.

French wit aside, I know I have had FLACs of the Glasgow Arts School 2005 set in the past, so if someone could PLEASE let me know where I might find those again.

I've got soundboard recordings of AE sets coming out of my arse over here. Will somebody please answer my PM'S!?

i really don't want anyone in this thread to pm me with unreleased FLACs of autechre soundboards.

French wit aside, I know I have had FLACs of the Glasgow Arts School 2005 set in the past, so if someone could PLEASE let me know where I might find those again.

just convert your mp3s to FLACs and you get instant lossless quality, that's probably what the guy who seeded your old Glasgow FLAC did. I'm, like, super certain that you'll notice a dramatic increase in sound quality if you try it, because of science.

MP3 is carbitch but FLAC is high qualitu, oh, that is better. High Fidelitu. Oh yeah.

just convert your mp3s to FLACs and you get instant lossless quality, that's probably what the guy who seeded your old Glasgow FLAC did. I'm, like, super certain that you'll notice a dramatic increase in sound quality if you try it, because of science.

MP3 is carbitch but FLAC is high qualitu, oh, that is better. High Fidelitu. Oh yeah.

That would be quite the transcode, my friend.

At least you're not the kind of insecure douchebag who feels the need to recite standard memes in real life at every possible moment

Archived