IGNORED

The Flashbulb - Kirlian Selections - upon re-listen

superstix

to be fair i should probably LISTEN to the album in question. but thanks for understanding my criticisms. i actually bought a Flashbulb cd off sublight records a while back, and enjoyed it on a road trip to LA it was a lot more drum and bassish than what hes doing now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we here if not to open up to different points of view? :beer:

Thanks for the discussion.

I have NO friends into this kind of music, let alone who enjoy talking about it as in depth as I do. This forum is like an oasis.

Oh boy.

WATMM = TMZ

Any live drums in his albums are performed by him.

so are you saying there is no validity to the soulless comment voiced about all his other attempts at real drum sounds where they are not played live?

HI Benn.

dun no what to say about this guy, immense technical talent, but it does have a tendency to sound "soulless"

i feel like hes trying to prove too much in the wrong way.

plus harky definitely puts me off listening to him anymore.

dun no what to say about this guy, immense technical talent, but it does have a tendency to sound "soulless"

what makes you think harky = benn jordan ?

what makes you think harky = benn jordan ?

He only pops up in Flahbulb threads for one. If it's not ben, I feel even sorrier for him.

i have a VERY good reason to believe harky (Mark Hall...if that is his name) is Benn....but im not gonna shit all over th guy here.

i still have respect for him as a musician, its this harky character that gives him a bad name...

i have a VERY good reason to believe harky (Mark Hall...if that is his name) is Benn....but im not gonna shit all over th guy here.

i still have respect for him as a musician, its this harky character that gives him a bad name...

You're right. I really went on a spree by answering a valid question about drumming on his albums that anyone with access to discogs could answer.

Paypal me $25 and I'll video-Skype you for 10 seconds as proof of my identity.

Paypal me $25 and I'll video-Skype you for 10 seconds as proof of my identity.

but you'll just have someone else go on skype.

this girl said flahbulb can ejaculate only in the rhythm of start as you mean to go on and even then only in 9-second intervals, so...

Usually non-drummers programming with drum samples just go crazy and program stuff that isn't even humanly possible. Either that or they stick to the same basic beat w/ no dynamics, which sounds super fake as well. :dry:

i thought the whole point was to go crazy.

The fact is that The Flashbulb programs music better than 99% of people who are artists on this Forum........

Jealous U R

Exactly. The haters don't even try to make it less obvious. That's why I post here, it is a joke. Or better yet, WATMM is a joke. I tried being a member of the community years ago and was consistently trolled for being a friend and fan of The Flashbulb. This is a community that prides itself on being a collective of open minded music lovers and instead it is much more vain and selective than the empty pop music scene it claims to be superior to.

I know many of you think that I'm emotionally defending Benn Jordan every time someone disgraces his name, but I'm actually smoking a joint and laughing to tears at the whole thing, and admittedly throwing some fuel into the fire. If that makes you dislike his music then you're a fucking fool who shouldn't own speakers anyway. On occasion I'll even send Benn a link to the lunacy and he'll have a laugh to. But I'm sure he knows better than to post here himself, at least as himself or as someone who takes active discussion in his music (ala myself).

With all of that said, I'm going to stop posting on Flashbulb related forums as I do realize that I've been a dick. Sorry to Joyrex and moderators for keeping the flames going, it was just too much fun to resist.

Usually non-drummers programming with drum samples just go crazy and program stuff that isn't even humanly possible. Either that or they stick to the same basic beat w/ no dynamics, which sounds super fake as well. :dry:

I understand your perspective as a drummer but a non-drumming programmer in this genre probably has very little interest in programming patterns that are humanly possible and shouldn't really be perceived as "going crazy" or sounding "fake" imo.

On occasion I'll even send Benn a link to the lunacy and he'll have a laugh to. But I'm sure he knows better than to post here himself,

this is what i did when i was exposed as a dupe back on old internet forums. pretend that i was 'friends' with myself to take off the heat

I understand your perspective as a drummer but a non-drumming programmer in this genre probably has very little interest in programming patterns that are humanly possible and shouldn't really be perceived as "going crazy" or sounding "fake" imo.

Hey guys, just to clear something up: In my original quote I was just stating why I'd be surprised if the drum parts were programmed - they sounded too much like someone actually playing. Not to say that "going crazy" with drum samples is a bad thing at all. How could I even believe that and be a fan of this style of music? lol

Guest Calx Sherbet

FLAHBULB

yep

but upon noticing it, how old is the flahbulb meme? i thought it was something that arose during Irari's abscence

Archived