IGNORED

LOST - Season 6

Rubin Farr

didnt someone predict this earlier in the thread?

i did. i was aware of a spoiler somewhere where the island being a sort of cork was mentioned.

it was for once a really cool episode. i like the idea where jacob and MiB are constantly in a sort of game trying to outsmart each other within certain rules that seem to be in place.

what i'd really like to see is that MiB is really the good guy and the writers are fooling us to believe he's the baddie. so far jacob's been the biggest dick by grabbing a bunch of unwilling people to the island to take his job. but i am sure the writers don't have the balls to pull a complete 180 in the finale.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it seems to me that it could easily not literally be heaven/hell purgatory etc. they planted the idea there in a big way, but it hardly seemed concreted in fact.

anyway that was the first episode of lost in a very, very long time that didnt feel like it was acted out by retarded high school children. good stuff. if they keep that up till the end this could very well be majorly redeemed.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

was this episode directed by someone different or something? there's gotta be some way to explain why some episodes seem way higher quality than others

was this episode directed by someone different or something? there's gotta be some way to explain why some episodes seem way higher quality than others

I was thinking the same thing. Even the editing seemed tighter

i think the reason for the different feel was that this episode had a purpose in explaining things, instead of meandering around and not moving forward at all.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

i think the reason for the different feel was that this episode had a purpose in explaining things, instead of meandering around and not moving forward at all.

uhh yeh... lost has used around 25 different directors(from my drunkly tired estimation of sight).. lots of different writers too... explains the inconsistency

This is an alphabetical list of LOST directors, including the number of episodes they have worked on, up to Through the Looking Glass

* J.J. Abrams (2 episodes, also creator, writer and producer)

* Dan Attias (1 episode)

* Paris Barclay (1 episode)

* Matt Earl Beesley (1 episode)

* Jack Bender (20 episodes, also producer)

* Adam Davidson (1 episode)

* Roxann Dawson (1 episode)

* Paul Edwards (4 episodes, also camera operator)

* Tucker Gates (3 episodes)

* Karen Gaviola (2 episode)

* Marita Grabiak (1 episode)

* David Grossman (1 episode)

* Rod Holcomb (1 episode)

* Kevin Hooks (2 episode)

* Eric Laneuville (4 episode)

* Robert Mandel (1 episode)

* Bobby Roth (1 episode)

* Deran Sarafian (1 episode)

* Alan Taylor (1 episode)

* Frederick E.O. Toye (1 episode)

* Stephen Williams (16 episodes, also producer)

* Greg Yaitanes (2 episode)

* Michael Zinberg (1 episode)

Ab Aeterno Season 6 Episode 9

Written by

Melinda Hsu Taylor and Greggory Nations

Directed by

Tucker Gates

yea, there was no tip-toeing around. of the losties, they only really showed hurley. that was it. the story was about richard and it focused on him the whole time. non-stop. totally awesome. hopefully they can keep it up.

as far as directors, i remember a few years ago, darren aronofsky was supposed to guest direct an episode. that would have been killer. the reason i was reminded of that was richard's story had very very heavy Fountain-like overtones.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i don't want to be debbie downer but despite being better than usual it was still shit. and made no sense whatsoever.

so jacob brings people to the island to prove to this other guy that people are not bad?

ok....

and the island is a cork.

ok....

and richard turns up and jacobs like "hey man you want a job?"

and i'm like :facepalm:

seriously? 6 seasons and now this?

and the smoke monsters plan to get richard to kill jacob, did that seem a bit retarded. pretend to be his wife then go smokey on his wife and then tell richard that you are smokey.... huh ok i'll go kill the devil if this smokething says so

ok....

what else is on in the lost timeslot? cougar town?

basically the cork killed laura palmer

what else is on in the lost timeslot? cougar town?

lol

It redeemed the borefest of this entire season.

as long as they keep it up.

I love how we never got to see Magnus Hanzo's face, the captain of the Black Rock...got fucking Smoked Out yo!

Richard went through hell in this episode....

Intense...

really dig it....

cliched or not, this is what we get....

they said the show was going to be a bit like the Stand by King, they were not lying about this....

so in the Flash Sideways, island is uncorked? Black smoke gonna kill everybody? mmmmmmm I hope so....

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

next episode is a jin/sun episode probably.

:facepalm:

tis sun/jin episode....

Blank-Facepalm.gif

lets face it all tv shows go too long and end up sucking. can we think of any perfect tv show? if anyone says bsg they get insta B7.

somethgn about being so open ended maybe. with a movie you shoot 3 hours worth and edit it down. its tight. with tv you have 22 hours a season.

next episode is a jin/sun episode probably.

tis sun/jin episode....

Blank-Facepalm.gif

lets face it all tv shows go too long and end up sucking. can we think of any perfect tv show? if anyone says bsg they get insta B7.

somethgn about being so open ended maybe. with a movie you shoot 3 hours worth and edit it down. its tight. with tv you have 22 hours a season.

The Wire. Which lost a little believability in the last season, but was still about three million times better than Lost ever was. But also, it wasn't 22 episodes a season. I've never seen a truly tight 22-episode-season show. 10-13 can definitely work, though.

See what happens when you have a really different story and minimal cast members? An excellent episode. I've gotta hand it to Nestor Carbonell, I think he acted brilliantly, it sucks that he plays such a minor role otherwise.

It was great seeing the original man in black again, he looks fucking intense.

Also, that was the only time I've ever liked Hurley.

Archived