IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest the anonymous forumite

Guys, I'm downloading Oversteps, just released from Poland. If anybody wants the link, let me know.

guys, don´t forget to check mary anne hobbs radioshow on bbc radio. if i remember correctly she was the first one to play new quaristice tracks (Simmm, tankakern (youknowwhatimean), WNSN) back in 08

Oh yeah, a short time later they also did a guest mix on her show which was absolutely amazing. I hope they do another one for this release

What I'm listening is the real deal. ILanders matches the description of a sick beat with tri-repetae pads over it.

Pt2ph is very much ambient like french electronic avant-garde of the 60s. Qplay is very incunabula-ish, one of the weakest track it seems. See on see is an other old schoolish track with a few vst twists over it. Treale is beautifully ambient with sort of synthetic birds noises. Jesus this album is getting really old school -> os veix 3 from the chiastic slide era. 0=o is more ambient / concrete/ avant garde stuff. This d-sho qub doesn't match jaderpansen description above. But it's definitely an ae track. Beautiful pads and melody by the way. One of the best tracks so far. st epreo is a massive beat reminiscent of Cfern but straight 4/4 wih the obvious twists in the end, and very nice hi sounds reminiscent of that third track on Draft. Excellent track. Redfall is another ambient track. The beat of Krylon comes straight from Tri-rep era but the pads are more modern with a lot of melodic emphasis. The album ends on yuop, another ambient track, not very good imo.

Conclusion: A very melodic Ae album, very retro in some parts, no crazy beats like confield-draft-gantz graf but still some enjoyable beat shifts and breaks. It's looking good.

Guest Somethin

yeah there are probably a lot of jonas brothers fans who feel the same way about theor jonas brothers cds

ohnoes i have been wrong about the jonas brothers all along

*joins jonas brothers forum to learn how to appreciate jonas brothers more*

Hey man, now I hate the Jonas brothers as much as anyone else and would be quick to call it a load of horseshit upon someone asking my opinion. That being said, if there are people that like it, then it's not fair to call it crap, but rather to say it's crap in your opinion.

And I wanna restate that I fucking hate the Jonas brothers and in my opinion its a load of shit.

There's really no reason to say "IMO this is X". We all know your opinion is not the opinion of someone else's.

I'm all excited now. Even if this is not one of their best albums (it seems nothing is gonna match Lp5/Confield/Draft/ from now on ) but any way, it is still very good and a grower definitely.

Edited by the anonymous forumite

What I'm listening is the real deal. ILanders matches the description of a sick beat with tri-repetae pads over it.

Pt2ph is very much ambient like french electronic avant-garde of the 60s. Qplay is very incunabula-ish, one of the weakest track it seems. See on see is an other old schoolish track with a few vst twists over it. Treale is beautifully ambient with sort of synthetic birds noises. Jesus this album is getting really old school -> os veix 3 from the chiastic slide era. 0=o is more ambient / concrete/ avant garde stuff. This d-sho qub doesn't match jaderpansen description above. But it's definitely an ae track. Beautiful pads and melody by the way. One of the best tracks so far. st epreo is a massive beat reminiscent of Cfern but straight 4/4 wih the obvious twists in the end, and very nice hi sounds reminiscent of that third track on Draft. Excellent track. Redfall is another ambient track. The beat of Krylon comes straight from Tri-rep era but the pads are more modern with a lot of melodic emphasis. The album ends on yuop, another ambient track, not very good imo.

Conclusion: A very melodic Ae album, very retro in some parts, no crazy beats like confield-draft-gantz graf but still some enjoyable beat shifts and breaks. It's looking good.

hooray, now bury me in shame...

what's your source? promo?

Polish pirates ?

Maybe we're talking about the same track without the same description tho.

Guest Garkken

Polish pirates ?

Maybe we're talking about the same track without the same description tho.

duration is the same?

Edited by Garkken

duration is 5.02

Edit: goddamn, I can't wait to listen to this stoned.

Edited by the anonymous forumite

polish.jpg

so my roommate at home is listening to this and he swears it is autechre

can we get some watmm pros in here :music:

edit: get ur arse in the chatroom and give your opinion

Edited by sysyphus