IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Don't you hate Ae?

i loved ae up through ep 7, have liked element of each album thereafter, but less and less so with each release...so i guess i'm a joyrex clone...always hold out hope though.

this album is for you.

Guest MastaN8

The rape machine has been replaced by a more coil/threshold houseboys-esque at parts. Holy FUCK... This is ALBUM is SOLID, thick mean fun fresh..a real cunt-fucker

it's weird, often instant gratification is misleading, but this this right here is QUALITY.

yeah I'm a bit worried about the instant gratification factor, which I associate with the soundtrack feel. I like Ae albums that reveal themselves more slowly (though, apparently, not as slowly as confield). Chiastic slide is still my favorite release, LP5 had more instantaneous "holy fuck" appeal, but that wore off rather quickly.

I'm just glad to have something new to listen to, and after Quaristice I don't think I have unrealistic expectations. At 43%

wow - i'm still waiting for this download to finish, it must be getting lots of traffic because it's taking forever, I can hardly hold the joy in - i'm going to smoke and get ready to take a journey

do this. i wish i'd had some dope for this special occasion too.

Guest MastaN8

^LOL!^

I can see why the super high bleep download...the low end will make you shit blood! Plus the chesse dosent stink that bad

Edited by MastaN8

love how all the new members have and are discussing the leak before most of the long time members have even had a chance to listen.

Not really sure which category I would fall in but the download just finished so I'm about to have my first listen!!

Edited by thehauntingsoul

Friends....

Dearest Friends.... I've been guilty of miserably trying to fake Autechre in the past. I've fooled some of you and I have angered many more. For that, I am sorry. But, when it comes down to it, I could never replicate this. It's just too sublime, too lush, or whatever anyone else has said that has recently angered me these past couple weeks in my ignorance of not getting what I want, my being impatient. I'm hearing this leak now and I am so happy that I have already planned to purchase this. Oversteps may just be the best, newest, freshest, most fucked up Autechre album I have heard in over 7 years. Why is this such a simple record and yet so fucking complex?!? With this, they totally rewrote the script as *I* knew it, yet being true to form... Oversteps makes it sound like I've been listening to their past catalog through a hologram or foggy veil. Its everything we've come to expect and then more... In terms of leaving me second guessing, I havent felt this way since Confield came out, yet I feel like this is the record I was supposed to be always waiting to hear . Wow.

I'm not angry. I'm not let down. I have nothing to say except I need to learn to shut the fuck up. This is a TOTAL game changer and yet a return to form, and yet it still makes me feel weird as I sit here and listen. This isnt even ambient music. This so much more. I am sorrry, but this is SO good it even makes Quaristice make sense. They needed to release Quaristice to get to this. I understand now.

It had to happen this way.

I understand now. I am humbled. And I am sorry for being a dick on these boards.