IGNORED

Predators

J3FF3R00

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

yeah it will be a lot fucking better than the alien versus predator limp dick flicks (couldn't get through the first or the second)

Guest Gary C

Holy shit. I've been away from the internet for a while, and I'm so happy this is the first thing it's given me on my return. I love you, internet.

Predator was the first action film I ever saw. My mum sat me down to watch Bambi, but I swapped the tape with one of my dads and he'd recorded Predator from TV. It's one of my favourite films.

Only a few days ago I rewatched Once Upon a Time in Mexico and have both El Mariachi and Desperado in front of me. I borrowed them from someone ages ago and was going to give them back today, but I might have to watch them all now.

The DVD extras, including a tour 'round Rodriguez' editting garage, were particularly awesome.

A perfect match. I've just understood where fanboys are coming from. Pure jizz.

:emotawesomepm9:

i'm probably one of the few that liked predator 2 (mostly for that part where the cops found the mobsters hanging and skinned).

Guest mohamed

i'm probably one of the few that liked predator 2 (mostly for that part where the cops found the mobsters hanging and skinned).

i'm a huge fan

i asked my mom to buy the vhs at the market, one of my first ones. i pretend to remember the smell of it

i fast forwarded/rewinded the scene when they fuck a million times, too, this for the other thread

'como me tiene' makes it for the lol, idm percussions for the soundtrack. king willy,

what do you want more

yeah the first half of predator 2 is awesome

predator 1 i've seen a million times.. it used to be the drunk film of choice when hanging out with my buddies..

I could quote this film for ages

"Son of a bitch is dug in like an alabama tick."

"You're hit. You're bleeding, man!"

"I ain't got time to bleed!

Guest Coalbucket PI

there were a lot of awkward lines in that trailer. I didn't like the predator film because of the predator though so bringing it back has never worked for me. I don't know if there is any more ground to cover with such a one dimensional character.

Guest assegai

there were a lot of awkward lines in that trailer. I didn't like the predator film because of the predator though so bringing it back has never worked for me. I don't know if there is any more ground to cover with such a one dimensional character.

My thoughts exactly. It's not so much a movie anymore as it is "we've designed this pretty cool creature, let's see what kind of situations we can put it in".

there were a lot of awkward lines in that trailer.

yes, yes there were. I don't see anything in this trailer besides a few attempts to take your eye off the ball (fishburne and brody)that makes it seem in any way better than AVP.

if these are the best moments to cut a trailer out of then we are in real trouble here folks. never a good sign when a trailer doesn't 'pop' in any way shape or form

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Ahhh...yes . Watching R rated movies at a young age was always win . I literally grew up on R rated films ( and Predator was one of 'em ) so...I'm praying we will finally get another good Predator film .

It's been way too long .

District 9 was basically one of the only and last truly hard R scifi movies i've seen in possibly the entire decade. If Predators is anywhere near this ( not cgi gore, but actual blood balloons popping and over 75 FUCKS) i'm in

• 2 weeks later...

nah i liked it too, but i haven't watched it since it first came out, so there may have been an opinion shift.

Yeah Predator 2 is some sort of weird dystopia, with those Lumina APV Cop cars, remember that? It seemed so sci-fi back then. Like all those 1990's movie, pre-Pulp Fiction, they all seem to be part of a whole genre, post-modern 80's flicks.

http://imcdb.org/vehicle.php?id=135162&l=de?PHPSESSID=7b217c6b8ce7d0d6b0122c9a14c2c4aa&PHPSESSID=5bc97c59122f40b445da7c4946de54ba

Holy fucking shit, IMCDB? Internet Movie Car Database? FUCKING MEGALOL!!

• 3 months later...

Bump.

Went to see this last night - was much better than my expectations.

Really enjoyable action flick, very well cast although really wanted to see more of Danny Trejo and Lawrence Fishburne before they got bumped off.

Also would have liked some more "fuuuccck where the hell are we, what are these things, we are on a different fucking planet" dialogue between the characters rather than just the acceptance of the situation... they took it all far too calmly.

But otherwise really well shot, good dialogue (some very funny moments.. raping bitches.. lol)

Guest Backson

definately better than I expected. I was smiling through alot of the film, and I loved the intro.

So it's like a remake of Predator 1.

No. A proper sequel, hopefully enough to erase the horrible other sequels/spinoffs that have been made.

Why are the commercials for this movie on HD channels in SD and have such a small frame around the picture? Looks low-budget as fuck on the commercials...

Guest Gary C

I really should be more excited about this film. I'm sure Rodriguez is the perfect person to do the series justice and I bet the film is acceptably decent.

But I've been broken down by shit sequels and mash ups for over a decade. They destroyed their own brand and took the fans for granted.

Anyway, I'm too busy this weekend, and Inception is out next week so I'd rather pay to see that.

I'll pirate Predators though, and probably buy it on DVD.

I got an Alien and Predator boxset at Christmas, so this film, and the planned Alien prequel kind of ruin that.

I really should be more excited about this film. I'm sure Rodriguez is the perfect person to do the series justice and I bet the film is acceptably decent.

Again the movie is not directed by Robert Rodriguez!!! He's just the producer

Archived