IGNORED

What do you want from the next Aphex Twin album?

CalumVaughan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Calx Sherbet

the way he described squarepusher was fucking crazy. did he just come up with that on the spot or something?

From the Feed Me Weird Things linernotes:

Someone had just got glassed right in front of me at the George Robey pub, Finsbury Park, North London,

and I was thinking I wish I had stayed at home in my studio.

Oh, I might as well stay and watch the bloke with the bass guitar,

who keeps wandering behind the Dj booth.

That, I thought, is almost certainly going to be good for a laugh.

The next thing I felt was a fuzzy vibration,

as monophonic sound waves that had travelled from the other side of the room at the speed of light,

compressing the air and displacing the smoke of ten spliffs,

hit me in the ear bones simultaneously.

It was Mr. Jenkinson who was turning my heartbeat into the sound of a ring piece modulated resonant phaselocked trapezoid backwards edit phlanged kick drum.

He made the sound of ambulances turn into slide trombones and the sound of a secretary filing her nails into a 24-piece string section.

When my partner Grant Wilson-Claridge saw Tom spasmodically twitching in order to play a funky bassline in time with a 347 bpm drum and bass track,

he thought he should either be committed or recorded (fortunately he chose the latter).

Undoubtedly, Tom Jenkinson is the first man in history to orchestrate an akai-seltzer fizzing a two mega byte simms memory upgrade chip (with 1 nanosecond access time) and a toilet flushing.

When Mr. Jenkinson is conducting, the rest of the world is in the pit.

One of his earliest experiments was recording an ant walking on sand. Unfortunately, the experiment was cut short by a cat meowing.

Of course, this is not to say that Tom 'Squarepushing' Jenkinson was the first person ever to discover that the sounds of everyday life can be more melodious than the sounds of traditional music.

For instance, George Bernard Shaw once said, "Nothing soothes me more after a long day of pianoforte recitals, than to sit and have my teeth drilled".

The Squarepusher is someone who wonders what the holes of a flute sound like without the flute.

Sound like sound never sounded before, Richard Rodgers and Julie Andrews gave us the sound of music,

John Cage and Simon and Garfunkel gave us the sound of silence and now the Squarepusher gives us the SOUND of SOUND.

- PRichard.D.Jams

From the Feed Me Weird Things linernotes:

Someone had just got glassed right in front of me at the George Robey pub, Finsbury Park, North London,

and I was thinking I wish I had stayed at home in my studio.

Oh, I might as well stay and watch the bloke with the bass guitar,

who keeps wandering behind the Dj booth.

That, I thought, is almost certainly going to be good for a laugh.

The next thing I felt was a fuzzy vibration,

as monophonic sound waves that had travelled from the other side of the room at the speed of light,

compressing the air and displacing the smoke of ten spliffs,

hit me in the ear bones simultaneously.

It was Mr. Jenkinson who was turning my heartbeat into the sound of a ring piece modulated resonant phaselocked trapezoid backwards edit phlanged kick drum.

He made the sound of ambulances turn into slide trombones and the sound of a secretary filing her nails into a 24-piece string section.

When my partner Grant Wilson-Claridge saw Tom spasmodically twitching in order to play a funky bassline in time with a 347 bpm drum and bass track,

he thought he should either be committed or recorded (fortunately he chose the latter).

Undoubtedly, Tom Jenkinson is the first man in history to orchestrate an akai-seltzer fizzing a two mega byte simms memory upgrade chip (with 1 nanosecond access time) and a toilet flushing.

When Mr. Jenkinson is conducting, the rest of the world is in the pit.

One of his earliest experiments was recording an ant walking on sand. Unfortunately, the experiment was cut short by a cat meowing.

Of course, this is not to say that Tom 'Squarepushing' Jenkinson was the first person ever to discover that the sounds of everyday life can be more melodious than the sounds of traditional music.

For instance, George Bernard Shaw once said, "Nothing soothes me more after a long day of pianoforte recitals, than to sit and have my teeth drilled".

The Squarepusher is someone who wonders what the holes of a flute sound like without the flute.

Sound like sound never sounded before, Richard Rodgers and Julie Andrews gave us the sound of music,

John Cage and Simon and Garfunkel gave us the sound of silence and now the Squarepusher gives us the SOUND of SOUND.

- PRichard.D.Jams

awesome! thanks for sharing this

Guest rubberjohny

Fuck the new Afx Album. It wont come out until you guys stop spamming threads about it. Good thing about Mr. RDJ is that he doesn´t let him self being pushed by retarded labels. Instead he takes the time needed to produce excelent music.

Just gimme the new Wisp and Monolith album and im totaly satisfied for the next half year :emotawesomepm9:

Fuck the new Afx Album. It wont come out until you guys stop spamming threads about it. Good thing about Mr. RDJ is that he doesn´t let him self being pushed by retarded labels. Instead he takes the time needed to produce excelent music.

Just gimme the new Wisp and Monolith album and im totaly satisfied for the next half year :emotawesomepm9:

Yeah but it doesn't gonna happen because Richards bitches is following his footsteps now. And we all know the meaning of that: WON'T GIVE US SOME NEW RELEASES! :sparta:

Guest dilbthelame

i want change from a tenner.

maybe one of those electronic blowjob things as well.

or some nice music. meh.

Archived