IGNORED

What do you want from the next Aphex Twin album?

CalumVaughan

Hey guys,

So what do you want out of the next Aphex Twin album? I want him to come out with something really different, but it'd be nice to have a more ambient album. What do you think?

Calum

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David R James

Personally wouldn't want a full ambient album, wouldn't be interesting enough for me, the odd track is nice though. On warp a 100-140 BPM Drukqs kinda thing would be good with a degree of afx quirked 4/4 techno or something produced to the max, just amazing clear production. Or, something border line windowlicker, something with an accessible edge.

On rephlex, tuss v2.

I feel bad for saying this, because it hinders originality, but I would like a mashup of ICBYD-era stuff with the madness Drukqs breaks and beats... /fanboy shame

Saying that, I would also like to see where he brings his music now. It'd probably be something Tuss-ish, but a bit less dancy, if that makes any sense. He's taking too long, hurry it up Richard!

Guest JohnTqs

a more hip hop influenced aphex album would be pretty cool. i don't care what it sounds like as long as it gets at least an 8.5 on pitchfork.com

Guest JohnTqs

as long as it gets at least an 8.5 on pitchfork.com

Reading this, that's unlikely.

i remember reading that and agreeing with some parts. drukqs is his weakest album imo, despite having some of my favorite songs ever on it.

Something totally new and if possible, to make us watmmers happy, he could title it Konklaver.

Guest Calx Sherbet

any previous style, even full blown SAW II ambience i would be happy with

so really, anything. except maybe noise, that would be disappointing, but who knows how awesome it COULD be

Something new, unexpected, and cohesive. As much as I like the material on Drukqs, it seriously lacks cohesion.

I don't think I'd be disappointed to hear something in a style he's done before, or something just a notch up from other stuff he's done, but he's praised for being a genius. So let's hear something new and groundbreaking.

I think part of the reason we don't hear much new from him is because he's intimidated by his reputation and high expectations of his fans.

My personal expectations are not that high...I just want something cohesive and beautiful...whether that means melodic or mental. Or both. :braindance:

I'd be more than happy with a second Drukqs - I mean, I feel like everything was covered there. . . know that not everyone feels this way, but I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate all the tracks, though I only, generally, am in the mood for maybe 1/3 of them. Love the prepared piano tracks, the straight up piano tracks, any of the mad drill style tracks, and even some of the dark ambient tracks. Not such a huge fan of the track where it sounds like Bjork is being tortured with chains and a spinning bike wheel, but there's that one day out of a thousand where I'm like, "FUCK YEAH, TORTURE DAT BITCH!!!!"

Supposedly he had some more complicated piano tracks would I'd love to hear - would also be cool to hear a hip-hop influenced aphex album - beatwise I mean, not rapping . . . though that would be HILARIOUS.

Though, really, at this point I'm just fiending for more 'phex - New Album in MARCH!!!

Archived