Guest Greg Reason

Guest igloos unlmtd

I recently just sold my Time Machines & Musick to Play in the Dark CD's as I needed some bread & they managed to hold their value.

I didn't quit get on with them as much as I did with the soundtrack to Derek Jarman's Blue - which is quite a trip.

both!

Here's one...

Near Mint with free shipping... in the U.S. only I suppose, but that's a good price when you consider the poor condition copies on Discogs priced around the same. Hope this helps. (NOT my auction)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Time-Machines-Coil-034-Time-Machines-034-CD-039-98-Eskaton-Psychic-TV-Current-93-ELpH-/181273966521?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

i know a guy who has a pretty worn in copy of it on vinyl he was willing to let go for much lower than going discogs prices. IF you want me to inquire with him i'd be happy to. When i say 'worn in' i mean he carted the record around a lot for ambient dj gigs, the sleeve is not in great shape and the record has noticeable surface noise from wear.

thanks guys! though surface noise would prolly ruin the entire time machines experience.

btw coil/nin release coming up on cold spring this jan

CSR193CD (January 2014)
Coil / Nine Inch Nails | Recoiled
“Recoiled” is a rambunctious alchemy, of magikal Coil sensibilities and hi-tech home circa 90’s mixing technique, all fused in the cave-like early studios of Danny Hyde / Peter Christopherson. These were the unrestrained PRE- BIG studio- mix downs, of four songs which long time Coil admirer / collaborator Trent Reznor requested Coil to remix. Reznor sent over the original multi-tracks and DATs to Hyde / Christopherson, who independently mixed versions and then met to synch both creations, molding them into these master versions. ”Recoiled” includes a fuller, more opulent version of the track ‘Closer’, which eventually made it onto the opening credits to the movie “SE7EN“. These 5 lengthy compositions are pre-Ableton / laptop generation type priest song creations, with the use of baby alarms and numerous wires to create bespoke effects. These legendary tracks were always rumoured to exist and, only the due diligence of a dedicated NIN forum who hunted them down, are released/unleashed for your listening pleasure. 4 of the tracks were released on the download-only “Uncoiled”. A bonus, previously unheard track from the same sessions closes the album. Jhonn Balance is also manifest on this gilded constellation. Beautifully remastered for CD / vinyl. CD in digipak.
Edited by kichiguy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RadarJammer

These 5 lengthy compositions are pre-Ableton / laptop generation type priest song creations

my friend started saying he couldn't stand the new albums because they all sound like ableton and i sadly agree. damn you to hell elastique pro

These 5 lengthy compositions are pre-Ableton / laptop generation type priest song creations

my friend started saying he couldn't stand the new albums because they all sound like ableton and i sadly agree. damn you to hell elastique pro

its true, most if not all PEter Christopherson's work from about 2000 on started to sound very abelton-y . Even the throbbing gristle stuff that he worked on sounds like it was constructed using Live, lots of time stretching going on.

i might be alone in this but i love sleazys abletony sounds. especially the remote viewer stuff and the moons milk remixes. anyone heard this new time machines album? im super curious to see how it is

Okay so I don't know shitabout COIL.

Where do I start????

"loves secret domain", "musick to play in the dark pt1", "black antlers", "the new backwards"

i might be alone in this but i love sleazys abletony sounds. especially the remote viewer stuff and the moons milk remixes. anyone heard this new time machines album? im super curious to see how it is

i think it was just the first time i heard Sleazy overtly behind the musical curve in terms of production, where as almost all previous work seemed very much ahead of it. I guess ive just never liked time stretchy artifacts very much, but some of them present on their early stuff (pre Ableton) doesn't bother as me as much because no one was doing that around the same time.

Guest MastaN8

Post abletn stuff that I thought stood out was threshold houseboys amulet edition and the soisong stuff was great too. I have a buch of stuff I may be letting to of soon... Time machines cd, unopened ape of Naples and music 1&2, remastered LSD, black light dist... Etc

agreed about threshold house boys and soisong. This is something i feel i have to mention at least once a year here is that many people assume that Peter Christopherson made most of the music in Coil, but when John Balance died you can tell that a component of the music, the more playful/sillier/colorful side of Coil is distinctly missing. He didn't just do the vocals, in fact he claimed that a lot of the songs off of Stolen and Contaminated and Unnatural History pt 1 were entirely him.

• 1 month later...

Not news for those on the Coil FB group but thought I'd post here.

Reissues

No LPs pressed. That is the biggest thing I dislike. Nothing against a nicely done collection on CD but hey, the CDs are better to get hold off as the damn LPs of their stuff.

I am still bummed the reissues LPs have caused such an outstanding trouble.

Not news for those on the Coil FB group but thought I'd post here.

Reissues

No LPs pressed. That is the biggest thing I dislike. Nothing against a nicely done collection on CD but hey, the CDs are better to get hold off as the damn LPs of their stuff.

I am still bummed the reissues LPs have caused such an outstanding trouble.

All other materialization of COIL music: physical, digital, ether, or any other form from this point onward should be regarded as unauthorized.

Seems it's rather unlikely there will be any other reissue apart from the stuff on brainwashed. That slipped me on first reading but is an important information.

I don't like the idea being exclusive to one label and I am sure this was never Sleazys or Jhonns intention. That recently done NIN/Coil package is another fraud when you know more about the circumstances.

I don't like to repeat myself but the truth behind the organisation of COILs estate should keep any serious collector away.

I don't like to repeat myself but the truth behind the organisation of COILs estate should keep any serious collector away.

A summary would be helpful for those of us who are relatively new to their music.

I am not the one who goes into details now, as the person who told me some pretty personal things about the estate thing wished I keep that for myself.

Only this: there were plans to re-release COILs stuff on vinyl that would have kept collectors happy. A limited pre-edition and normal editions for those who don't need a fancy numbered sleeve. Plans were scrapped after all things seemed to be cleared.

What is possibly known (and could be told easily, an open secret if you wish so) is that some labels are really taking the money icing from any new poppin' COIL release, just having hard $$$$ in mind. That is a fraud to all those who came later to COILs music and apart that nobody knows if that is in sense with Sleaz/Jhonn's vision.

Sure, any vinyl costs a lot on production, but take a look on the new NIN/COIL record on Cold Spring.

1) exclusive CS brown splattered edition for over 30 GBP

2) only available from their store in the US

The material on the LP was made for FREE, a bootleg, but FREE. The guys at CS just added a new remix who has some sort of Jhonn's involvement so they could tag it under COIL.

Any more need for facts? I thought to order it but the pricetag and the stupid marketing of this (who get's rich on that one?) made me angry.

Sounds pretty exploitive, however, the prices the current editions fetch on the second-hand market are also exploitive and in some cases downright prohibitive. I am liking the idea of reissues, as it could make some of the material more affordable for those of us that wish to purchase it, but if it's just being done by people looking to cash in on their name then I dunno.

Quite a quandary.

it seems to me that all of COil's music should be released for free on the internet. Right now Jon Whitney of Brainwashed is claiming he has the singular authority to re-issue all of Coil's albums, which he plans to off his own record label on CD only. Since i've never really liked the guy I'm not hot on the idea, but a lot of fans seem to think he's the one who should be in charge of it.

Edited by John Ehrlichman