IGNORED

Plaid / Mark Pilkington - Manchester

subtract

Nord Rute has been cancelled and instead Plaid are going to play a live/AV set in Victoria Baths - Manchester.

For those who don't know Victoria Baths is a disused public swimming baths, they will be playing in the basin

of the baths so pretty special

http://www.futureeverything.org/festival2010/plaid

Guest sirch

I'll be going to one of the SBGP nights down here.

can't make it all the way up to Manchester. but would be very interested to hear the gig in the baths if anybody could record it? ;)

i'll try recording the SBGP gig, as they'll be playing "new material" there aswell as the Dr Rahayu Supanggah stuff! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Gig was last night, absolutely amazing and only 1 old track played! all new material, managed to capture 15 mins in HD and not too bad sound quality considering the venue and there were only 4 speakers. In the process of downsizing and cutting them apart and will upload onto youtube over the weekend.

Right I've managed to extract the audio, no mean feat seeing as the camera I used doesn't output video in any readable format! The video weighs in at 1.6Gb and any compression seems to affect the audio so for now here is the audio:

Audio:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kdgn50mgxmc

Pictures are here:

Plaid

So the gig:

Off the top of my head 7 new tracks were played with Itsu being the last and only familiar track. The intro was stunning featuring a renaissance painted ceiling with paint falling off in time to Plaid's bleeps and sounds, then the whole thing 're-built' and turned to wireframe with an amazing soundtrack. I managed to capture 3 tracks before the memory ran out, the first being a crazy medley with an amazing kalidoscopic video again all in time, the second which had everyone in a complete trance and the 3rd being the same.. unfortunately the best was to come and the final few tracks were simply amazing! Really dark, massive basslines and one kicked in with massive frantic beats when no one expected it raising huge cheers from the audience.

As you can see from the pictures this wasn't your average venue, everyone was seated in the basin of the old pool with sound dampners surrounding the edges and Plaid at facing everyone. I stood at the back and soaked it all in but had a lot of people talking around me... It seemed to end a bit abruptly as after Itsu I thought we may of got a few more classics but I'm more than happy to of heard all this new material, roll on the new album...

Guest ruiagnelo

Right I've managed to extract the audio, no mean feat seeing as the camera I used doesn't output video in any readable format! The video weighs in at 1.6Gb and any compression seems to affect the audio so for now here is the audio:

Audio:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kdgn50mgxmc

Pictures are here:

Plaid

So the gig:

Off the top of my head 7 new tracks were played with Itsu being the last and only familiar track. The intro was stunning featuring a renaissance painted ceiling with paint falling off in time to Plaid's bleeps and sounds, then the whole thing 're-built' and turned to wireframe with an amazing soundtrack. I managed to capture 3 tracks before the memory ran out, the first being a crazy medley with an amazing kalidoscopic video again all in time, the second which had everyone in a complete trance and the 3rd being the same.. unfortunately the best was to come and the final few tracks were simply amazing! Really dark, massive basslines and one kicked in with massive frantic beats when no one expected it raising huge cheers from the audience.

As you can see from the pictures this wasn't your average venue, everyone was seated in the basin of the old pool with sound dampners surrounding the edges and Plaid at facing everyone. I stood at the back and soaked it all in but had a lot of people talking around me... It seemed to end a bit abruptly as after Itsu I thought we may of got a few more classics but I'm more than happy to of heard all this new material, roll on the new album...

Thank you so much :music:

Guest sirch

Thanks very very much! downloadin now

who needs Scintilli !? lol, everyone should just share gig recordings and pictures instead...

that's a kick in the teeth for Warp, haha.. well, they should've put out Scintilli ages ago! :D

really nice pix too. thanks a lot for taking the time to do this.

nice one

Guest ruiagnelo

Thanks very very much! downloadin now

who needs Scintilli !? lol, everyone should just share gig recordings and pictures instead...

that's a kick in the teeth for Warp, haha.. well, they should've put out Scintilli ages ago! :D

really nice pix too. thanks a lot for taking the time to do this.

nice one

I really want Scintilli :cerious:

Guest sirch

that MP3 is a real teaser! - only 15 mins worth and then stops just as it starts to get going! typical. haha :)

but thanks........ would be good to see the videos at some point.

cheers again

Yeah was a killer as told my gf to charge the camera and delete the memory card before we went... she didnt! so only had so much space, if the tracks they played make it onto the album then it could be one of their best, some of the tracks blew me away!

Archived