IGNORED

Bytes-era pseudonyms

Guest fox

So it's fairly well accepted, from what I gather, that Balil = Ed and Atypic = Andy. But what of the other pseudonyms on bytes and trainer. Discogs says that Andy = Tura, but discogs isn't exactly reliable and says that Close, Up, Over = Ken and I could swear that on the os 9 version of their site Plaid had a free track by Close, Up, Over. So what do we know and on what is that info based?

So discuss. Using words if necessary.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

So it's fairly well accepted, from what I gather, that Balil = Ed and Atypic = Andy. But what of the other pseudonyms on bytes and trainer. Discogs says that Andy = Tura, but discogs isn't exactly reliable and says that Close, Up, Over = Ken and I could swear that on the os 9 version of their site Plaid had a free track by Close, Up, Over. So what do we know and on what is that info based?

From what i know:

Balil: Ed

Atypic: Andy

Close Up Over: Ken

Tura: Andy

Discordian Popes: Ed

I.A.O.: Ken

Xeper: Ken

Guest sirch

Ed = Close, Up, Over, and Balil

Andy = Atypic, Plaid (on Bytes it was just him as Plaid, so i hear, but that might be wrong, so just include Ed under Plaid aswell), and Tura

Ken = Xeper, I.A.O, and Discoridan Popes

That, to my knowledge, is Thee actual Truth. haha :)

Guest ruiagnelo

Ed = Close, Up, Over, and Balil

Andy = Atypic, Plaid (on Bytes it was just him as Plaid, so i hear, but that might be wrong, so just include Ed under Plaid aswell), and Tura

Ken = Xeper, I.A.O, and Discoridan Popes

That, to my knowledge, is Thee actual Truth. haha :)

Well, you had more connections to these guys than i do, so maybe you are right :)

Guest sirch

I could swear that on the os 9 version of their site Plaid had a free track by Close, Up, Over.

ayeee you is right i remember that too. it's Ed Handley.

Guest sirch

Well, you had more connections to these guys than i do, so maybe you are right :)

not really mate i'm just a we bitty older is all :)

Boredroom and Jowonio knows waaaaaaaay more about things than i !

maybe they can confirm whether what i said is fact. i think i'm right tho :)

They are Plaid/Black Dog's public enemy number one right now. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. What if a three headed darkly coloured dog or those monkeys from Rest Proof artwork were set on them?maybe already happened, not heard much from them ...

Guest ruiagnelo

They are Plaid/Black Dog's public enemy number one right now. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. What if a three headed darkly coloured dog or those monkeys from Rest Proof artwork were set on them?maybe already happened, not heard much from them ...

About are you talking about? The tape that boredroom upped?

Guest sirch

ehh? what? why? :S

Guest ruiagnelo

Aye, you seen the forum on the black dogs site?

Yeah, that topic about the black towers being sold and the conversation with user psil-cosyi, so what?

Guest ruiagnelo

That was kind of tongue in cheek cats, a lame attempt at humour. But check the forum at the black dog's site if you've not already.

Jeesh people are touchy round here today.

Well, if you read carefully, you will notice that the real tape named 'Bits' is a mastered version that jowonio owns. Only a rough quality tape with several tracks was uploaded. There are no legal issues. What you have it's not actually 'Bits'.

Guest sirch

no thanks, not if they're ripping into Boredroom and Jowonio and anyone here who's downloaded that tape, whch includes myself! lol

i'd rather not subject my eyes and brain to that.

B+J they're just big old-school fans.....

why can't they (tBd) say something here if they're unhappy? and let everyone know.

Jowonio said he was PM'd by Martin Dust, so he must be lurking about, then going back to tBd forum....... ??

seems silly to me.

btw, how do you know B+J are Plaid's enemy no.1, too ?????????????????????????

edit: sorry this was a reply to new school science

Guest sirch

Jeesh people are touchy round here today.

i'm actually quite chill and relaxed. it's that time of the night. :)

Guest sirch

What if a three headed darkly coloured dog or those monkeys from Rest Proof artwork were set on them? maybe already happened, not heard much from them ...

off topic but isn't that some damn fine artwork? think it's their best album artwork, next to Spokes.

i'd like to meet those monkeys, myself. not rabbid ones tho, with that rage or whatever.. suddenly coming through your ceiling,

jumping from corner to corner round your bedroom, swinging off the light..... screeching and scratching at you!!!!!!! with big red eyes

wow. http://www.theblackdogma.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=408

None of the original TBD members are happy with the recent 'sharing', remastering and compilation of our material.

The copyright of which, belongs to other record companies. Not us. Or yourselves.

Martin Dust has my full authority to speak for 'The Black Dog', and has been a real friend

to the band for negotiating between the founder members. The lack of respect he's been

accorded is frankly, embarrassing.

watmm is packed with full time stoners that still live with their mum - i wouldn't take much notice of it.

Guest sirch

maybe their mother's are all really nice and really good cooks? lol

seriously tho i know loads of people who're having to or even choosing to live with their parents still, for loads of different reasons.

and this is 2010 after all. not the 70's or the 80's (thank fuck)!! it's old fashioned nonsense really and pretty ridiculous these days if you still think you should be out the door by 18.. or 21, and fucking married with kids, a house, a mortgage, a shit load of debt and a bad back by the age of 25!

fs how grim a life the older generations must've had. i feel sorry for some of them, it's so grossly narrowminded!

seriously tho i know loads of people who're having to or even choosing to live with their parents still, for loads of different reasons.

and this is 2010 after all. not the 70's or the 80's (thank fuck)!! it's old fashioned nonsense really and pretty ridiculous these days if you still think you should be out the door by 18.. or 21, and fucking married with kids, a house, a mortgage, a shit load of debt and a bad back by the age of 25!

fs how grim a life the older generations must've had. i feel sorry for some of them, it's so grossly narrowminded!

So you still live at home then? ;-)

so anyway........ 'Bytes-era Pseudonyms', yeah? lol

Discuss, i guess :)

Balil had the best output IMHO.

Guest jowonio

From what i know:

Balil: Ed

Atypic: Andy

Close Up Over: Ken

Tura: Andy

Discordian Popes: Ed

I.A.O.: Ken

Xeper: Ken

Guest jowonio

Hey peeps

I always thought this was about it with the line ups.. Personally I never took much notice if any of it as they worked together under the bdp aesthetic.. All I know is what they dig together was make transcendent music.. What they make apart is kind if alright sometimes but neither plaid nor tbd in the present day moves me like old bdp..

Re public enemy stuff.. Nah I wouldn't say that. People tend to into all sorts of nonsense on forums..

The fact is boredroom put the tape up. I offered to try and make a bit if a clean up job if it. I wouldn't say it was remastered. Just tidied up a bit. Remastering is very different.

And my dealings with tbd ie Martin Dust have been friendly and easy going. It was Ken who asked me to take island praise and xeper (extended) down but via Martin as ge has an account on watmm.. And with the bits tape, I understand their point of view, I also understand being a lover if music and wanting to hear it. But there is no falling out with tbd here or them with me.

Martin told me they are considering archive and reissues.. You never know we might end up with some real jewels.

We shouldn't pay too much attention to the Internet and forum blather.. It's not the real world.

May all be well

j

Oops excuse typos above writing from my phone

j

Guest jowonio

wow. http://www.theblackdogma.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=408

None of the original TBD members are happy with the recent 'sharing', remastering and compilation of our material.

The copyright of which, belongs to other record companies. Not us. Or yourselves.

Martin Dust has my full authority to speak for 'The Black Dog', and has been a real friend

to the band for negotiating between the founder members. The lack of respect he's been

accorded is frankly, embarrassing.

watmm is packed with full time stoners that still live with their mum - i wouldn't take much notice of it.

apologies Ken..

and agree it's not on at all to slag Marin off on here, my dialogues with him have been friendly and easy going.

apologies for sharing said tape too.. just thought it was some early bdp frippery and that i could help clean it up for fans of your music to enjoy. took it down the second it was a problem..

i believe the idm obsessives are on a course of medication now ;)

and normal discussion of phantom aphex sightings and lack of boards of canada will resume shortly..

right now we're listening to lots of Ronnie James Dio as a cure ourselves.. and just digging the awesome talent of this great singer who left us the other day..

Hope yr all well

J

Guest jowonio

So you still live at home then? ;-)

so anyway........ 'Bytes-era Pseudonyms', yeah? lol

Discuss, i guess :)

Balil had the best output IMHO.

would have to agree.. though i really loved the long TURA track on likemind 3 - it is on trainer..ermmm ah Reishi.. that for me is up there with the Balil tracks

J

Guest ruiagnelo

Hey peeps

I always thought this was about it with the line ups.. Personally I never took much notice if any of it as they worked together under the bdp aesthetic.. All I know is what they dig together was make transcendent music.. What they make apart is kind if alright sometimes but neither plaid nor tbd in the present day moves me like old bdp..

Re public enemy stuff.. Nah I wouldn't say that. People tend to into all sorts of nonsense on forums..

The fact is boredroom put the tape up. I offered to try and make a bit if a clean up job if it. I wouldn't say it was remastered. Just tidied up a bit. Remastering is very different.

And my dealings with tbd ie Martin Dust have been friendly and easy going. It was Ken who asked me to take island praise and xeper (extended) down but via Martin as ge has an account on watmm.. And with the bits tape, I understand their point of view, I also understand being a lover if music and wanting to hear it. But there is no falling out with tbd here or them with me.

Martin told me they are considering archive and reissues.. You never know we might end up with some real jewels.

We shouldn't pay too much attention to the Internet and forum blather.. It's not the real world.

May all be well

j

Oops excuse typos above writing from my phone

j

Ken has reasons to be upset, but i don't agree with those things mentioned on TBD forums about WATMM. Anwyay, it's important to keep in mind that we are not creating any bootleg and not even selling this music. We are sharing it between our little community.

Wow

Are they really considering or simply considering?

Archived