IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

**spoilers**

A bit of a drop in quality compared to the pilot episode, the racist stuff I could get without but what you're gonna do? They always have to play this cliché. The slaughtering of the zombie was brilliant, I liked this solution.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Recursive

**spoilers**

A bit of a drop in quality compared to the pilot episode, the racist stuff I could get without but what you're gonna do? They always have to play this cliché. The slaughtering of the zombie was brilliant, I liked this solution.

In what sense did the quality drop? The suspense was far more intense in episode 2 and the quality of acting didn't drop off IMO. Just curious as to what it was you thought dropped in quality.

**spoilers**

In what sense did the quality drop? The suspense was far more intense in episode 2 and the quality of acting didn't drop off IMO. Just curious as to what it was you thought dropped in quality.

The new characters I thought were too simplistic and the dialogues weren't as good as the pilot.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Yes indeed, the new characters weren't that impressive and neither was a lot of the acting from them. This was still a very fun episode though no doubt.

"blogs.amctv.com : AMC announced today the renewal of The Walking Dead for a 13-episode second season."

Guest nene multiple assgasms

you know what this show is missing? zombies of different ages. where are all the toddler and child zombies? there aren't that many elderly zombies either, actually.

you know what this show is missing? zombies of different ages. where are all the toddler and child zombies? there aren't that many elderly zombies either, actually.

lol, opening sequence of ep. 1, brah

Guest nene multiple assgasms

lol, opening sequence of ep. 1, brah

yeah, I know, but isn't that the only one?

Fair enough. Kid zombies held off until the big hook moments due to emotional resonance?

Some of the zombie decay, which has been pretty impressive so far, makes aging adult zombies a little difficult, though. Eg:

girl-zombie-The-Walking-Dead-AMC-tv-show-image-600x322.jpg

Fucking good looking zombie right there.

Edited by baph

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

It's fucking entertaining dude their is no doubt of this. Your opinion is irrelevant my hair is a zombie.

i'm really worn out on the zombie thing. if you pull this kind of formulaic shit in other genres you get called out on it, but for some reason it's expected in the zombie genre. i guess as a tv show it could work, since it won't fit the whole template of: intro to situation, lay out ground rules, meet characters, one of whom is a tough black man, there's always a couple, one of whom will die, there's always a father and daughter/son and the father inevitably gets bitten then has to die in a stoic manner at the hands of another person in the group, there's a few action set pieces, there's an alamo sequence at the end where nearly everyone dies, a couple people get away. unless we're going to drag that out for two seasons...in which case, fuck this shit.

it'll be more about the human drama than about zombies if it's done right. i wasn't much into the second episode as well, it kinda affects me that i've read the whole comic so i'm constantly comparing them and finding the similarities/differences. second episode was a big divergence from the original story.

Guest Mirezzi

i'm really worn out on the zombie thing. if you pull this kind of formulaic shit in other genres you get called out on it, but for some reason it's expected in the zombie genre. i guess as a tv show it could work, since it won't fit the whole template of: intro to situation, lay out ground rules, meet characters, one of whom is a tough black man, there's always a couple, one of whom will die, there's always a father and daughter/son and the father inevitably gets bitten then has to die in a stoic manner at the hands of another person in the group, there's a few action set pieces, there's an alamo sequence at the end where nearly everyone dies, a couple people get away. unless we're going to drag that out for two seasons...in which case, fuck this shit.

Ignore the tards.

This show is fucking horrible. I just got through the second episode and it was agony. SO. FUCKING. BORING.

Zombie zombie zombie EEHHHHH...zombIE...EH...EHHHH...EhHhHhEEEEEEEhhhh......ZOMBIE ZoMBie....eh.

I am not really keen on the whole zombie sniffing and being semi intelligent thing. The only film to ever get it 100% right, to this day, is still Night of the Living Dead. I know it has been said before blah blah blah, but if you watch it, it is just works. The creeping death feel to it, mindless infected zombies, moving slow but unstoppable sized hordes, barricaded in a house, little to know defenses etc. Not to say I haven't enjoyed other zombie related stuff (zombi, return of the living dead, dawn of the dead, remake of said film, and various other things), but everyone wants to put their own spin on zombies, and it is always, at the very least, slightly off the mark. That said, I think the show has potential, as the comics are very television like in nature, with lots of subplots and character development. I would just like to see them stick to the plot of the comic, which develops nicely, instead of introducing all of these other characters, racial tension and so on etc barf.

Any how.. I think the Max Brooks stuff works as well. Zombie survival guide was good, World War Z could make a good movie if done right, and he seems to play on the survivalist elements (which is really what zombie shit is about) really well. I don't know. I think people tend to get wrapped up in Zombie shit being too serious. I like the slightly funny moments, and "realistic" approaches (such as...why couldn't you just chop down the stairs in your house, and traverse your neighborhood by going roof to roof? Why does it always have to involve these elaborate 'gotta get the keys from the truck depot a mile down the road' type scenarios?). I am holding out hope for this show, but I don't know if it will hold my attention as much as the comics did.

Its episode 2 of series 1, and people are complaining about the formulaic approach.

Having not seen any of it myself, im sure they are just setting the scene for greater shit to come... Series 2 greenlit I see, which is great. I shall be purchasing the DVD (Blu-Ray release hopefully?)

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

finally watched the first episode. fuckign lol its EGG from THIS LIFE!!!! one of my favorite shows when i was a teenager.

hes english. why do they keep doing that? look at his friend. he is clearly american, he looks american (or canadian whatever) but egg looks like hes english. also blahlol at his accent and pretty much everything he says

episode one was ok. nothing new to the zombie world but entertaining and pretty well done. i'll watch more

second episode was like a shitty Stephen King made for tv movie....

argh, thanks Mirezzi, once again you have ruined something for me that I should enjoy....

yes I am blaming you, not the producers of this show...

That is how I roll.... :sorcerer:

Rubicon gets cancelled but this has already been renewed?

Fuck this shit. I'm leaving this planet for one a little less complicated.