IGNORED

"Move of ten" is out on bleep

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, nth dafuseder.b is a million miles beyond the roads that boc travels. it's like celestial crystals as opposed to popcorn.

Orange?

yeah, that's right

move of ten is so beautiful. it inspired these images today, rendered into abstract poem form:

flutes

are falling waterfalls

blue are electric free and full

for flying through

snow is falling off of roofs

cars are starting

queenlike kinglike

under water

saunter canter gallop so

temple bells ripple through

above water

inside skies with only two

glorious stoic velvet

gallant knights

are falling

moons

is this some sort of pisstake?

Hmm not sure why the hate for M62, I think it's really nice. Not a huge fan of the 4/4 beat in the back, but otherwise it's real nice. It actually reminds me of something Download or PlatEAU could have done about 10 or more years ago. That's not an insult, just an observation. It's got a strong cEvin Key/Phil Western vibe.

i'm actually happy that autechre have mellowed out enough to start using 4/4 bassdrums, i've been quite getting into really straight rhythms lately!

Hmm not sure why the hate for M62, I think it's really nice. Not a huge fan of the 4/4 beat in the back, but otherwise it's real nice. It actually reminds me of something Download or PlatEAU could have done about 10 or more years ago. That's not an insult, just an observation. It's got a strong cEvin Key/Phil Western vibe.

yeah possibly off of III, the more housey calm download direction. Now that you mention it this whole EP is reminding me of Download or just the whole 'post industrial' era in general, Scorn, Dead Voices on Air, Download. Good call! I can't say that i'm a huge fan of M62 cause im still struggling with the whole macro/micro thing. Quaristice/Quadrange only just made sense to me recently

agreed with the cevin key vibe.. totally had that feeling starting in track 3 for me on the first listen. the beat and short snips of bits and pieces+symphonic bursts do have something in common with his style of production

this isn't a speaker/listening album with 110% attention committed.

this album is a - put it on shitty ipod earbuds at work at 8am and have it play in the background while you work - album.

m62 was shit until i let it run at work this morning; not paying much atten to it. now we're all good

I disagree. I was just thinking how amazing and three dimensional these tracks sound coming out of my speakers. I'm loving this album. I respect that you don't totally dig it though, and you've given it a chance. That's cool..

I really do like it when Autechre goes more mellow like in a lot of these tracks. I was blown away by Amber 15 years ago, and still play it a few times a month maybe. Some of these synth lines have that quality, though it doesn't really matter. On a whole this release is nothing like Amber. It will be interesting to see how I feel about this once I've heard it a few more times....

ive stilled nevered listened to amber all the way through

the only track ive ever played is nine - and that one i think came on random on my playlist, anyways

it good?

ive stilled nevered listened to amber all the way through

the only track ive ever played is nine - and that one i think came on random on my playlist, anyways

it good?

It's good to me man. Hard to think of my life without it really. Montreal is so fucking deep it's ridiculous. Turn on that track and let it do it's thing. It hypnotizes the fuck out of me. Every time.

edit.. Unless you're gonna play it on shitty iPod earbuds. I wouldn't bother then :cerious:

amber would have to be one of the most psychedelic electronic albums i've ever heard. up there with sowiesoso by cluster, and phaedra by tangerine dream imo.

yeah possibly off of III, the more housey calm download direction. Now that you mention it this whole EP is reminding me of Download or just the whole 'post industrial' era in general, Scorn, Dead Voices on Air, Download. Good call! I can't say that i'm a huge fan of M62 cause im still struggling with the whole macro/micro thing. Quaristice/Quadrange only just made sense to me recently

Yeah III (a 13-year old album for those that don't know) was the first album that sprung to mind, but it could possibly fit with more recent stuff.

agreed with the cevin key vibe.. totally had that feeling starting in track 3 for me on the first listen. the beat and short snips of bits and pieces+symphonic bursts do have something in common with his style of production

Now that I've noticed this I'll keep it in mind on my next listen, curious what other similarities I may find. But Download's sound started out as "destroyed techno" and grew to have more and more of a 4/4 beat, still with weird flourishes/glitches similar to those in Autechre's music. So it makes sense that if you add a 4/4 beat (or something nearly as consistent) in Autechre's music, making it a bit more accessible, the two sounds would become more similar. Interesting.

Amber still doesn't sound dated either. It's pure music. I'd like to put it in a pipe, and smoke on it until my fucking lips burn off to be quite honest.

Sorry, I'm a little off topic here.

Guest Retrig

Amber still doesn't sound dated either. It's pure music. I'd like to put it in a pipe, and smoke on it until my fucking lips burn off to be quite honest.

This. :cisfor:

If you ask me M62 sounds like a tribute to those old John Carpenter films - Autechre style. Brilliant!

post-8159-039737700 1276749419_thumb.jpg

they don't seem capable of making deep or bassy drum tracks.. there's this weird hollowed out feeling to a lot of the beats, like the reverbed spaces are stealing all the energy from the drums.. it's a strange vibe that takes getting used to, maybe it sounds different on speakers but on headphones it's really apparent. it happens on oversteps too.

they don't seem capable of making deep or bassy drum tracks.. there's this weird hollowed out feeling to a lot of the beats, like the reverbed spaces are stealing all the energy from the drums.. it's a strange vibe that takes getting used to, maybe it sounds different on speakers but on headphones it's really apparent. it happens on oversteps too.

you do realise how bass frequencies work, right? they need longer waveforms to be able to be represented properly (and that's a basic explaination, there are multiple factors that come into proper bass response).

the bottom line is - you're never going to hear bass truly through headphones, and certainly not through earphones.

try listening through some decent speakers and see what you think then :spiteful:

i can hear bass very well with akg k240s headphones, yes... in lots of other music. there is BASS in this autechre, it's just rarely a booming kick, their kicks are very filtered and slight on this, and some of the entire drum tracks on things like nth dafusederb feel buried under the reverb and hollow.. listen. like they're being pinched. it's not necessarily a bad thing, but their drums really don't KNOCK anymore, even on the most hip hoppy tracks. where is the kick drum on rew1? i am going to add it myself with some clipse acapella

i can hear bass very well with akg k240s headphones, yes... in lots of other music. there is BASS in this autechre, it's just rarely a booming kick, their kicks are very filtered and slight on this, and some of the entire drum tracks on things like nth dafusederb feel buried under the reverb and hollow.. listen. like they're being pinched. it's not necessarily a bad thing, but their drums really don't KNOCK anymore, even on the most hip hoppy tracks. where is the kick drum on rew1? i am going to add it myself with some clipse acapella

well my system begs to differ, but i guess this is music. different opinions.

Archived