IGNORED

"Move of ten" is out on bleep

yeah i didn't think much of etchogon-s at first, it's starting to grow on me though, however i'm not gonna listen again until i get the vinyl version.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest victorian sewer rituals

I used to love Etchogon-S, but now I can't get over how completely messy it is... I know we all have our own minds and aren't here to impress anyone else, but i dunno. Sitting in a room with friends playing a tune and have them all tear it apart can either make you love it even more (which often happens, especially with good dronier or more ambient stuff or when it's an album like Druqks you just KNOW is awesome no matter what anyone says) or it can reveal what you might think of music were you not viewing it through a loaded Autechre-lense.

If your friends' idea of a good time is to actively not enjoy music, then :facepalm: . People...... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

In light of further listens and the new JP exclusive, I posit MoT as Autechre's submission to the horror film soundtrack genre a la Orbital = Octane and Goblin = Argento's Work. The three tracks that most support my thesis are

The discordant and wobbly "scrrreeeee" in "Pce Freeze 28i"

The incredibly uncomfortable, K-hole malaise of "Cep PuiqMX" and its abrupt ending--as if life were snuffed out from a killer

Well, all of "clnchr"; somebody already pointed out the John Carpenter reference.

Agreed, I have been listening to a lot of Goblin lately so I've been feeling the horror vibe and Pce Freeze is def AE at their most chilling. Will def be making it into my next Halloween mix!

Yeah that track would work wonders in a Halloween mix!

I used to love Etchogon-S, but now I can't get over how completely messy it is... I know we all have our own minds and aren't here to impress anyone else, but i dunno. Sitting in a room with friends playing a tune and have them all tear it apart can either make you love it even more (which often happens, especially with good dronier or more ambient stuff or when it's an album like Druqks you just KNOW is awesome no matter what anyone says) or it can reveal what you might think of music were you not viewing it through a loaded Autechre-lense.

Funnily enough the exact reverse happened to me. At first I saw it as sloppy and unfocused, I suppose in a very similar way as qplay. At first that track seemed very sloppy and random to me but I think that's part of the magic of these two tracks - seeming sloppy but upon closer inspection there is a very particular place to almost every sound.

impossible to tell if you don't know russian. everything is hidden in other patches.

where did you find it?

Someone posted it on some Russian autechre forum I stumbled upon while... well, looking for Kiosk info :P

that's the first max/msp joke I see

it's missing a big red button in the top right which makes known(1) when you press it.

Guest Garkken

cqAxr.png

Not nearly as clever or funny as it could have been. A missed opportunity, kind of.

Read this review, shit

haha

love the russian review. it's ace, but i completely agree with ieafs. if they're still all over incunabula, they really have no clue. with that remark they instantly lost their authority to say anything meaningful about the album. despite the max layout. normally i'd be tempted to think that people who "get" max/msp also "get" the new autechre. a short-lived stereotype.

i'm quite firmly convinced that in 99.9% of Russians, by genetic disposition or something, the musical lobe in their brains is severely useless.

Guest Garkken

i'm quite firmly convinced that in 99.9% of Russians, by genetic disposition or something, the musical lobe in their brains is severely useless.

But I enter into this golden 0,1% :emb:

Guest CurlyAngryman

After multiple listens, all I have to say is that I really enjoy their new work. Fuck the Russians.

Guest bigs

slowly becoming one of my favorite releases

edit: i reckon nth Dafuseder.b blows d-sho qub away! has some moments that really remind me of boc haha... never thought i'd be saying that

slowly becoming one of my favorite releases

edit: i reckon nth Dafuseder.b blows d-sho qub away! has some moments that really remind me of zoviet france haha... never thought i'd be saying that

Archived