IGNORED

"Move of ten" is out on bleep

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys think it would be possible to get a version of M62 without the bass kicks?

blow into a vuvuzela whilst listening to the track, i've found it works wonders

you guys think it would be possible to get a version of M62 without the bass kicks?

blow into a penis whilst listening to the track, i've found it works wonders

blow into a penis whilst listening to the track, i've found it works wonders

:emotawesomepm9:

fucking lol

Guest LonelyMachines

Now thats the real way to dance to ae. Serious business. an entire ae audience rockin 90's wear and dancin like that

I think that video robbed me of the ability to experience joy ever again.

Fuckin' lol!

Good God, could you imagine if it were to be known ahead of time where "M62" or it's permutation were to come in on their live set and the house lights got switched full blast to 1,000 fanboys doing this exact routine--Indonesian prison "Thriller" style? Sean and Rob would have to be brain dead not to find that the funniest fucking thing to ever happen when they played live. Speaking of which, I wonder if there are any funny stories they have from touring as their performances are deadly serious, pitch-black, high electronic explorations--no room for gurners, day-glo bears, or laptopping out of a Playskool house :)

sean: 'well there was this time rob triggered patch 52 on the machinedrum rather than patch sixty-two. oh, how we laughed'

rob: 'shut up. i notice you're glossing over that time you triggered patch 11 on the nord rather than patch 12. two nights running!'

sean and rob collapse into giggles, then make out. fade to black.

couldn't be fucked bumping the oversteps thread.

Why, not like it's leaving the front page anytime soon. :)

Real Post:

Shit, ClnChr is absolute beast, why didn't they include this on the album?? Could have easily taken the place of ylm0 or even just replaced Cep piuqMX as a closer. Sorry, but Cep just feels way underdeveloped in my book.

Guest VgqepetrahLcwg swr6

couldn't be fucked bumping the oversteps thread.

Why, not like it's leaving the front page anytime soon. :)

Real Post:

Shit, ClnChr is absolute beast, why didn't they include this on the album?? Could have easily taken the place of ylm0 or even just replaced Cep piuqMX as a closer. Sorry, but Cep just feels way underdeveloped in my book.

IMO, an Etchogon-S reprise would've been the way to go. :closedeyes:

*finally* had time to get my head around this EP at the weekend, took a stroll along the river with it blasting out of my sandisk player. Fuucccccccc its pretty damn awesome.

Looks like I need to check out the *bonus* track too if I can get hold of it.

I drove 10 hours this weekend to various family events/seminars/home.... listen to a lot of "oversteps" and "Move of ten" - gorgeouness and gorgeosity combined!

Again.... "Move of ten" has a "Boards of Canada" feel for me ... sprinly melodies, bass percussion, nostalgic vibes....Who cares.. its great!

*finally* had time to get my head around this EP at the weekend, took a stroll along the river with it blasting out of my sandisk player. Fuucccccccc its pretty damn awesome.

Looks like I need to check out the *bonus* track too if I can get hold of it.

Buried here somewhere:

http://xltronic.com/mb/113560/move-of-ten

Given it a good few listens. Really nice stuff, I'm finding the initial listens easier than any other Autechre album for some reason.

nth Defuseder.b is a proper banging track :music:

After chewing on MoT, I think we all would've just shit if Oversteps & MoT had been a 2CD a la American Tri Repetae or Jega Variance. More quid splittin' it up though, innit? :cisfor:

or a 4xLP boxset :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :whistling:

In light of further listens and the new JP exclusive, I posit MoT as Autechre's submission to the horror film soundtrack genre a la Orbital = Octane and Goblin = Argento's Work. The three tracks that most support my thesis are

The discordant and wobbly "scrrreeeee" in "Pce Freeze 28i"

The incredibly uncomfortable, K-hole malaise of "Cep PuiqMX" and its abrupt ending--as if life were snuffed out from a killer

Well, all of "clnchr"; somebody already pointed out the John Carpenter reference.

Agreed, I have been listening to a lot of Goblin lately so I've been feeling the horror vibe and Pce Freeze is def AE at their most chilling. Will def be making it into my next Halloween mix!

I used to love Etchogon-S, but now I can't get over how completely messy it is... I know we all have our own minds and aren't here to impress anyone else, but i dunno. Sitting in a room with friends playing a tune and have them all tear it apart can either make you love it even more (which often happens, especially with good dronier or more ambient stuff or when it's an album like Druqks you just KNOW is awesome no matter what anyone says) or it can reveal what you might think of music were you not viewing it through a loaded Autechre-lense.

Archived