IGNORED

Rent

kakapo

$700/mo. 1 bedroom townhouse with 2nd story office, bedroom and indoor balcony. near Houston Galleria area. kinda shifty minority heavy apartments nearby, but my shit is gated and double padlocked.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't think I could do the room mate thing. If my girlfriend and I break up down the road, I'm living alone.

I love living with good house mates, I'm scared of living with girlfriends. If you live with cool people the most entertaining situations come about without any organisation.

750$ for a 600 foot beautiful place in the best neighborhood of Montreal (Plateau). Hardwood floors, wall A/C, brand new kitchen, etc..

Montreal has the cheapest rents in North America. :ok:

Guest Enter a new display name

$1050 for 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room and a bathroom.

Edit: the apartment is a bit shitty with a landlord who shows up once in a blue moon. It's not worth that price imo.

267 euros, in which 80% is covered by the state since I am a student. It's a 18m2 box with it's own bathroom and fridge and a shared kitchen. Electricity, water and 100mb internets is included in the rent. I think prisoners might have better accommodation than this, but I don't mind.

Guest dese manz hatin

im weighing up london compared to berlin to live after ive finished my piano degree here.

Berlin (and Germany in general) is notoriously cheap rent, would be interesting to hear from the Berliners on the board.

I've only ever spent a week in Hamburg, but the residents were easily the most polite and nicest people I've met. I wish I was German.

Yeah Berlin is extremely cheap compared to other large German cities, especially Hamburg or Munich. Plus you can easily find good apartments in the more interesting neighbourhoods near the centre like Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain, Neukölln. I don't know how Germany compares to other countries though, but i'm going to pay 300€ for a shared apartment near the university when I move to Hamburg, which is quite the standard for students.

I may not make very much money, but I've got a sick deal for rent. $300/month plus ~$100 for utilities for 4 bed/2 bath. I live in a house that's biking distance from downtown/ACC campus with 3 other peeps who I play music with.

They're all super cool, though they all have their own downsides. One of them is moving out in January, which is kinda sad, but it does mean that his terrible, terrible dog will be gone as well. Worst dog ever.

$415 for a one bedroom with a nice large kitchen and living room.

Montreal really does have the cheapest rent... thanks to strict regulation. It also has a LOT of useless slumlords who won't do anything until they get threatened with litigation.

775 for a bachelor, heat hot water included. fuck.

my last place was a huge two bedroom deal with an epic kitchen/balconey. it was 885. probably 2.5 times bigger than what i'm in right now.

i also need more furniture, been here for about 3 weeks and only half unpacked cause i got nowhere to put shit.

I don't think I could do the room mate thing. If my girlfriend and I break up down the road, I'm living alone.

I love living with good house mates, I'm scared of living with girlfriends. If you live with cool people the most entertaining situations come about without any organisation.

A lot of people wre saying "once you move in with your girlfriend it's all over, you'll be constantly on each others' nerves, etc." but funny enough, we argued less and got along better after we moved in together. It was one of the best decisions I've made. Waiting for her to finish her work contract with the cruise ship however sucks balls.

£695 per month for two bed top floor penthouse in Sheffield. Superb location and corner apartment with two large balconies and glass fronted lounge. It's the absolute bollocks and will be really sad to leave when finally stump up and get a house.

$910 a month for a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom 1100 sq ft apartment with full kitchen, washer dryer, dishwasher, balcony, etc. in a decent part of town in a nice tucked away complex. The people who run the complex are fairly nice and diligent about making repairs and whatnot.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

$1500 for a 1 bedroom in the familyish neighborhood of sf.

yes we're insane and need more room

$999/mo

1300 square feet

2 bedrooms

2 bathrooms

2 balconies

kitchen/living room/dining area

washer/dryer

In a rich part of town, so no crime at all.

im weighing up london compared to berlin to live after ive finished my piano degree here.

Berlin (and Germany in general) is notoriously cheap rent, would be interesting to hear from the Berliners on the board.

I've only ever spent a week in Hamburg, but the residents were easily the most polite and nicest people I've met. I wish I was German.

I bet you do...

Hitler.JPG

Archived