IGNORED

Does all this great music we have here make you feel bored at clubs?

o00o

Back in the day I was really enjoying going to clubs listening to techno / house / dnb etc. Today none of this does give me the kick anymore. What about you and how do you get along with it? Did the music we share here make you go to parties much less or make you drive hours just to see one act you like?

Guest Greg Reason

Of course it does. Parties and clubs eat ass when it comes to music selection. It's called Lowest Common Denominator.

the golden age of clubbing is now way behind us like disco was in the 80's

clubs are now just a petting ground with the music being more background noise to look hip and cool too hence the cliched generic fodder like minimal house or obvious dubstep

one could say the quality of drugs may have taken away the appeal and although you do get little pockets of quality from time to time its never anywhere near enough to make up the numbers in my experience

quality electronic dance stuff is a niche and the only way to get the masses is to get them to travel to exculusive events like the warehouse project or have an altertnative side room next to more mainstream stuff like drum n bass or better dubstep

Nonsense, move somewhere better if what you're hearing in the clubs you don't like. Or try to start something up yourself!

You lose a slight sense of total wonder excitement as you get older, but that's only natural. You should never lose an innate love of hearing awesome tunes played in dark rooms on massive soundsystems

ive never been into that kind of party/rave music.. its just boring to me.. boom chik boom chik boom chik

ya get ur dance moves on woo

not.

this.

Guest MaxChewie

Tell me about it, most clubs here play Reggaeton/Latin stuff all night, the only thing close to electronic is David Guetta/BEP/Gaga, etc... But i remember hearing some FSOL once, needless to say, i stroked my chin accordingly. :emotawesomepm9:

It was an interesting evolution - clubs to raves and back to clubs (after that bill, whatever the fuck it was, killed raves in the UK). Unfortunately, the atmosphere of a rave is pretty much impossible to replicate in a club setting.

However, you can still have some pretty fucking good nights out in a club if the DJ is any good.

if im with a group of mates and we're all up for it i usually have a grand old time!

but every now and then i like to try and convince them to go out of there comfort zone to go a one of night or to see a dj somewhere and that can also be a real blast if people end up enjoying it.

Absolutely have this problem. Have tried the whole "start your own club" thing buT if your niche doesn't appeal to the masses it won't last long in LA, regardless of the venue. I never go to clubs unless someone specific I wanna see is spinning/performing there. Sad really :-(

Back in the day I was really enjoying going to clubs listening to techno / house / dnb etc. Today none of this does give me the kick anymore. What about you and how do you get along with it? Did the music we share here make you go to parties much less or make you drive hours just to see one act you like?

What great music?

Archived