IGNORED

Internet troll jailed

kakapo

Greathouse.JPG?w=440&h=330&aspect=nostretch

In other internet trolling news...

Ottumwa, Iowa police said a video on the website Metacafe.com lampooning Breana Greathouse so enraged her that she drove from Kansas City to Iowa to confront and kill the man who posted the video.

Police said Greathouse was armed with a .38 caliber special revolver loaded with hollowpoint bullets.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/25233404/detail.html

Guest futuregirlfriend

so now we can get arrested for saying things on the internet? cos thats pretty fucking terrifying.

Not enough details to say, but it's more down to him mailing his neighbours I reckon. If he was just continually working on new blood boiling internet projects I don't think anyone in a position to do anything would give a fuck - actually just remembered about this ridiculous case http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8124059.stm

If he's behind bars just down to his internet exploits then he's won the day.

so now we can get arrested for saying things on the internet? cos thats pretty fucking terrifying.

um not really. whats terrifying is the idea that someone should be able to get away with behaving like that.. harassing someones family about their dead children and then its like oh hes allowed to do that its the internet...

just a guess, the fact that it was on the internet is irrelevant, it has more to do with the criminal laws regarding harassment in the UK

He was charged under the Communications Act 2003, for sending malicious communications that were grossly offensive

Communications Act 2003 explicitly addresses electronic communications.

that sucks for him. he took trolling way too far. there is a difference between trolling and harassing though. trolling is generally harmless, where as harassment can cause serious emotional pain for people.

some of the things i've seen going on in the early days of the internet would truly disturb..

for instance, on totse, people just raiding ugly people's myspaces basically telling them they should kill themselves and that their lives were worth nothing. and on 4chan there are some hilarious raids (habbo hotel one is legendary) and some stupid ones, i don't know.

the point is trolling should simply be the pleasure of getting a reaction or making people think something hilarious is happening. it's like entertaining. like troon's social experiment. in my mind that was an excellent troll. or Montana on another music forum posting countless Pink Floyd videos to prove that modern music is over.

now personally i've certainly lost my will to troll and my respect for trolling at this point in my life.l but believe it or not, there was a time that i was as good as a troll can get. that was back when people weren't constantly suspicious of troll activity. just acting like i was retarded and getting these long ass threads going against eachother.. that never happens anymore. actually come to think of it it did happen here a while ago..

i have NEVER told anybody to go kill themselves or anything like that. that's just sick

anyway, i'm secretly fond of the troll that successfully delivers

just a guess, the fact that it was on the internet is irrelevant, it has more to do with the criminal laws regarding harassment in the UK

He was charged under the Communications Act 2003, for sending malicious communications that were grossly offensive

Communications Act 2003 explicitly addresses electronic communications.

You're both right - the Communications Act addresses the means of communication, while the criminal laws inform as to what is considered grossly offensive in the UK.

i dont see the big deal, jade goodey was a cunt, id piss in her urn if i had the chance

also, i was dissapointed that big brother didnt take on my idea of having jade goodey's skeleton as a housemate in this years celebrity bb, i think it would of been great

"jade goodey's skeleton to the diary room please"

Guest Funktion

yeah but the skeleton would probably win, and then release a series of shitty "my story" books about how she overcame her death in the face of everything

Archived