IGNORED

egoless music

Guest tht tne

It really depends how we all define 'ego'. Perhaps egoless music would be just music created just for yourself and for no one else ever at all. To be honest I think its almost impossible for music to be egoless. In short music can't exist in a vacuum if that makes sense!

Dam Funk springs to mind when I think of egoless music. The guy has pretty much no ego but what I really mean by that is he doesn't appear to have any arrogance or little in him just good vibes and joy for all. I gotta say I like that and you can see it especially in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcdpi16NfrY&hd=1

It really depends how we all define 'ego'. Perhaps egoless music would be just music created just for yourself and for no one else ever at all.

egoless music could be the complete opposite of that too though. just making music for other people to enjoy and not specifically yourself. music to fill the atmosphere of a room.. to chill people out, make them happy, to get stoned to, to cook to, to dance to, etc. but not for praise or money or to pay bills or sell records. i'd say that's pretty egoless! music just for music's sake and people. *hippy moment* :)

just making music for other people to enjoy and not specifically yourself. music to fill the atmosphere of a room.. to chill people out, make them happy, to get stoned to, to cook to, to dance to, etc.

like this:

[youtubehd]5Tq-UsaRchI[/youtubehd]

Guest Scrambled Ears

oh come on the idea that squarepusher's music (any of it) is egoless is just retarded. just because it's a bit more relaxed and allows time to develop than every other jungle shitstorm of obnoxious reggae samples and break fucking hardly means it' egoless. want egoless music?

eat mushrooms and sit here

stream.jpg

It really depends how we all define 'ego'. Perhaps egoless music would be just music created just for yourself and for no one else ever at all.

egoless music could be the complete opposite of that too though. just making music for other people to enjoy and not specifically yourself. music to fill the atmosphere of a room.. to chill people out, make them happy, to get stoned to, to cook to, to dance to, etc. but not for praise or money or to pay bills or sell records. i'd say that's pretty egoless! music just for music's sake and people. *hippy moment* :)

Mm but truth is though no one makes music without ego or some need for gratification. As I said previously music can't exist in a void. I think being without ego is best defined in lay man terms as not being arrogant and defensive but open and positive.

nothing. if you make something, you invest some of your ego into it if you like it or not. IMO.

the closest i can think to egoless music is maybe phil niblock? i think he is kinda to music what rothko is to painting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1sq80so7s4&feature=related

strangely although SoTL are sonically similar in a lot of ways, i don't get the same 'egoless' quality from their stuff.

but i don't believe there's such a thing as truly 'egoless' music. it's like a vacuum - no matter how perfect a vacuum you might create in a lab, there's always a a few molecules of air left.

egoless music?

0:0 NONSENSE IN BASIC

can i get this in an infinite recursion programmed in FORTRAN please.

Oh and don't forget the TPS report.

Archived