IGNORED

Rare Pictures of Plaid ?

Guest sirch

Guest sirch

.. think i know the one you mean. was it a mostly blue site? (as in the colour) :)

can't remember what it was called...

but i remember Andy, CiM, Clair, etc. all chatting there sometimes.

i never signed up at all tho just lurked for a bit. never did forums in those days! (was probably a good idea) :)

..but i seem to remember there wasn't a lot going on on there very often.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lunarphase

Could someone tell me who Clair and Simon are, so I know whats going on.

I might be wrong, but I think Clair had something to do with Clear Records. Not sure who Simon is?

Guest sirch

Could someone tell me who Clair and Simon are, so I know whats going on.

Clair Poulton (dunno if i spelt that right, or even if it's the right surname lol) she ran Clear Records for a bit in the 90's, and then lateron DeFocus Records in the early 2000's. she was/is friends with Plaid and they've released stuff on her lables before.

Simon.. Whalley? errr, i can't remember his last name, but he is CiM and used to be/is Clair's boyfriend/partner/husband, i think... also friends with Plaid..

and (supposedly) tBd ripped him off by sampling a huge chunk of one of his tracks and using it on their album 'Silenced'. of course tBd denied this and said that no samples were used on the album. but.. well when you listen to both tracks they both start off exactly the same! lol.

fyi, CiMs' track was released (years) first.

Yes sirch it was the baby blue neo ouija site run by Lee Norris (Metamatics). It was great in the earlier days before things went quiet.. i guess the forum run its course and people moved on.

bTw, CiM iS pUre quAlity!

Guest sirch

wow CİM is good, thanks sirch.

no problem mate, yeah CiM is REALLY good, i love his style and his melodies.. and that 'deFocus sound'.

i'd almost forgotten about him and deFocus (shame on me) :(

i haven't listened to any of this stuff for ages, it's been toooooooo long!! so i needed the injection of goodness too! :)

think i've still got most all of the deFocus vinyl releases and a couple of CD compilations.

gonna get them all out over the weekend and bathe myself in some old school techno beauty.

check out Esem and Proem aswell.. and of course Brothomstates' deFocus stuff.. and Lackluster's stuff is very good too. then check out Merck (the label)

i think CiM used to use an old Amiga to sequence his tracks ? ..like the original Black Dog used in the old days.

a lot of deFocus stuff has that old Black Dog/Plaid vibe, to me at least. it's the warm ambient pads and lo-fi beats... gives me goosebumps! :)

Guest sirch

Yes sirch it was the baby blue neo ouija site run by Lee Norris (Metamatics).

yeah that's the one! :)

maaaaan how time fly's! ! !

wow CİM is good, thanks sirch.

no problem mate, yeah CiM is REALLY good, i love his style and his melodies.. and that 'deFocus sound'.

i'd almost forgotten about him and deFocus (shame on me) :(

i haven't listened to any of this stuff for ages, it's been toooooooo long!! so i needed the injection of goodness too! :)

think i've still got most all of the deFocus vinyl releases and a couple of CD compilations.

gonna get them all out over the weekend and bathe myself in some old school techno beauty.

check out Esem and Proem aswell.. and of course Brothomstates' deFocus stuff.. and Lackluster's stuff is very good too. then check out Merck (the label)

i think CiM used to use an old Amiga to sequence his tracks ? ..like the original Black Dog used in the old days.

a lot of deFocus stuff has that old Black Dog/Plaid vibe, to me at least. it's the warm ambient pads and lo-fi beats... gives me goosebumps! :)

Ye I was listening to some of that stuff. Its pretty fecking nice. You can hear elements of tBD/Plaid stuff in there.

Guest sirch

i agree. we need a CiM/deFocus thread!.. i'm sure we could tie it into Plaid somehow, lol :)

anyways, back lateron lads, just had a new synth delivered!! :D

Yes sirch it was the baby blue neo ouija site run by Lee Norris (Metamatics).

yeah that's the one! :)

maaaaan how time fly's! ! !

Sure does :) met up with some of the guys on the board down london a few times.. i remember those days with fond memories :)

i agree. we need a CiM/deFocus thread!.. i'm sure we could tie it into Plaid somehow, lol :)

anyways, back lateron lads, just had a new synth delivered!! :D

nice idea, we have the clair/cim/defocus/+one connections... that should be enough ;)

Guest sirch

I think it was supposed to be some artwork? Link 404ed on me too though.

What was your synth sirch?

t'was a Yamaha one. a secret limited issue. :)

Archived