IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Smuckers

Okay, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to y'all who've read it, but this writer has some hilariously derivative/unimaginative moments.

649-25574.gif

Samwise - "I've sworn to protect you, Mr. Frodo."

520502-samwell_1024_large.jpg

Samwell - "I've sworn to protect you, Mr. Snow."

Is he not just paying homage to Tolkien? :mellow: That be the way I see it.

Guest Mirezzi

Is he not just paying homage to Tolkien? :mellow: That be the way I see it.

Well, it's not like Tolkien invented the fat, verbose, annoying sidekick, so more power to Martin if that's how he chose to pay homage.

sancho-panza.jpg

I know I'm far from the cutting edge here, but I've just settled down for the new season with a glass of Jura scotch, nice accompaniment. On episode 3 now, things are good, liked the Imp's way of detecting the one in league with Circe. Question, did they swap out the actor who plays the gay knight of the flowers between seasons? He seems quite different. As with Breaking Bad, it's funny to see who got fat between seasons...

Ah, yeah, that must be it. Only thing I haven't liked so far is how they just dropped the witch chick into the mix without warning. I mean what in the hell is the ostensibly most honorable and level-headed dude in Westeros, Stannis Baratheon, doing letting a witch seduce him with the dumbest of incentives. GRR Martin dropped the ball there, or as is likely, perhaps there's much more on the printed page than onscreen. One other thing, I'm getting tired of the number of references to fucking and incest on the show. A little bit is fine, but seems like every character now is talking about cocks, pussies, or fucking their daughters...

Melisandre pretty much promise him the Iron Throne (if he converted). Stannis is so desperate to be king that he will believe/follow anyone that promise him the crown.

Melisandre pretty much promise him the Iron Throne (if he converted). Stannis is so desperate to be king that he will believe/follow anyone that promise him the crown.

mm ok, I was talking about how

he's like "but I have a wife" and she's like "I'll bear you a son" and he's like "oh, all righty then, let me fuck you enthusiastically on my war-room table!"

Guest Pennywise

he's like "but I have a wife" and she's like "I'll bear you a son" and he's like "oh, all righty then, let me fuck you enthusiastically on my war-room table!"

shes a witch type gal, so shes got him under a spell.

Guest Mirezzi

I agree about the excess "OMG these people are raunchy and sure to fuck a lot!" factor. It's like equal parts 80's throwback and fap fodder for no-pussy sadsack Warhammer addicts that constitute its most rabid fanbase.

lol, well put as usual. It didn't seem as pronounced in Season 1, or at least, I didn't want to believe it was symptomatic of what you say. But this season it's even more childish and repetitive than last season. Don't get me wrong, I like some tits, but tits in service of something greater. Story tits, if you will.

If I wanted to be really picky about the season up through Ep. 3, I'd also add that 1) more than ever, the story has become all about Tyrion (I like him, but it's weird how all the other characters seem to have become more boring and lamer, such as Circe), and 2) it still feels rushed, like the Cliff Notes version. Need to let the story breathe a bit more, add more humor and quiet spaces. Can't be sturm und drang all the time...

Guest Mirezzi

I like story tits, too. If I'm being totally honest, the juvenile deployment of titties and brutal fucking in GoT sort of baffles me. It's not sexy, it's not edgy, it's not shocking. What are they going for? Facepalms? If so, it's working.

Guest sirch

the series died when sean bean did...

if you still watch it then you probably still collect comic books and paint toy soldiers. :smile:

Guest Mirezzi

can I just add that the wolves look great? Especially when compared to the horrible wolves in The Grey...

Yeah, they really do. I didn't know they were CGI until somebody posted that in this thread. I think that person was complaining about them looking bad, oddly enough.

In the books, his wife is one of convenience/royal affiliations, if I remember correctly. Plus she is described as being butt ugly with a unibrow.

They should have put her in the show for that comedic factor you are talking about.

Also, his daughter has a Fool that follows her around that wears a mock crown made of antlers (reference Robert Baratheon). Pretty lol. His name is Patches.

i wrote Ralph Ineson on facebook last year to tell him i loved his voice. He wrote back and said thanks he got it from his Grandmother

ok, I watched another episode or two last night, shit just went downhill, what the hell was up with

Melissandra (sp?) giving birth to a black demon baby that killed the gay dude who wanted to be king, talk about a disappointing deus ex machina. With that sort of power, she could kill anyone, why not just sneak into king's landing and let her utero-spawn kill geoffry? Stupid plot twist...I also didn't like how Danerys (sp?) shows up at that city in the desert and the 13 founders come out to greet her, but then don't want to let her dothraki guys into the city because they are afraid of them. Um...if they are afraid of them wtf are they doing exposing the entire leadership outside the gates with only a small armed guard? Effing stupid.

Archived