IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

amazing live performance right here. intense, atmospheric and crushing. sounds fucking better than the record in places. would love to see these guys live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sou34PMeKwo

37:30 - 39:07 \m/\m/\m/

Edited by usagi

I mentioned it on the ​What tv series are you watching now ​thread but might of got lost in that particular mire

So I'm watching that Metal Evolution series/dvd. I won't excuse my French and say it's fucking brilliant :diablo: 

amazing live performance right here. intense, atmospheric and crushing. sounds fucking better than the record in places. would love to see these guys live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sou34PMeKwo

37:30 - 39:07 \m/\m/\m/

sick! dragged into sunlight is fucking gnarly... they were supposed to play here a while back but I think the show got cancelled.

^ topkek

i got that new the dillinger exape plan album dissociation and it's so pissed off and brutal it makes me wanna bang my head against the tabel

very diverse tracks on there 2, one sounds just like a squarepusher track, this thing is awesome!

that Dillinger album is intense! i saw them a couple of weeks ago and for all the crazy antics they get up to live i couldn't tell you a single thing they did. the pit was none stop from the first riff. had a hell of a bangover the week after. it's a shame they're going on hiatus.

[party pooper alarm]

i guess musically it's better than most of their post 2k output (which isn't saying much) but i still just can not get over the emo vocals from that disgusting bacon lord they hired after minakakis:

3.jpg

running board and calculating were the shits back in the day as well as live but tbh to me it's all downhill from there (incl. the ep with patton and that awkward aphex cover...). kinda sad career when its culmination after 20 odd years is re-reaching 43% (pun intended) of the intensity of your fucking debut and even that only in places... good riddance :P.

[/party pooper alarm]

[party smasher]

i'm afraid you are wrong

their best work has been done recently

One Of Us Is The Killer is my favourite DEP album, though Dissociation may be equal. maybe better given more time.

that's a great picture though lol

[/party smasher]

DEP is wicked imo, but I can totally understand why people don't like them. I love the emo vocals though, nice contrast from the spazzcore (which gets really grating for me if there's nothing melodic in there).

they are one of the most intense and vicious bands out there and without the melodic breaks it'd honestly be too much. the melodic parts lead to some killer breakdowns 99% of the time too so it's totally worth it.

can we also stop calling any clean vocals "emo" in this thread plz. thx.

captain bacon is an amazing vocalist with yuge balls and this is a fantastic album!  just listen to the full thing and you try to tell me this isn't amazing

meh, even his screams sound like he's upset at his poodle for stepping on his purse or sumthin... but y'know what? for YOU i will give that album another spin in full this evening, promise!

srsly tho have you heard calculating infinity? everything this band does well (namely taking telephone numbers as score to playing tritones) was already done there, prolly even "mathier".

can we also stop calling any clean vocals "emo" in this thread plz. thx.

pretty much ~90% of shit i post here got "clean" vokills so there.

captain bacon is an amazing vocalist with yuge balls and this is a fantastic album!  just listen to the full thing and you try to tell me this isn't amazing

meh, even his screams sound like he's upset at his poodle for stepping on his purse or sumthin... but y'know what? for YOU i will give that album another spin in full this evening, promise!

srsly tho have you heard calculating infinity? everything this band does well (namely taking telephone numbers as score to playing tritones) was already done there, prolly even "mathier".

hahaa thanks! don't step on my fucking purse you son of a bitch, i gave you everything you wanted!!!!

this is the first full album except that patton ep i ever heard from DEP and maybe it's better lol

they always turned me off, metalcore, bacon and math, gtfo! but i fuckin LOVE this album and it's refreshing after wadding in a swamp of obscure and mediocore releases, i gave burzum and kanye a pass, now these guys get it 2

Dillinger have been involved in a bad bus crash. not sure on the details but i've heard rumours they were reading the scathing reviews from WATMM posters before the bus veered off course.

kidding but seriously it's awful. some people are still in hospital and they have had to cancel the rest of the tour. i'm glad i had my chance to see them.

it's scary how often these tour buses seem to be involved in bad accidents.