IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

I saw Dragged Into Sunlight and Mayhem (playing their super mega hit album) last week and it was boring as hell. I still had a really good time though.

One of my work buddies saw them last year in Texas and mentioned this lack of energy and kind of downer vibe from the band - he said they sounded good but just not engaging or exciting.

I saw Dragged Into Sunlight and Mayhem (playing their super mega hit album) last week and it was boring as hell. I still had a really good time though.

One of my work buddies saw them last year in Texas and mentioned this lack of energy and kind of downer vibe from the band - he said they sounded good but just not engaging or exciting.

Yeah, but that's exactly their point (they also play with their backs towards the audience) it's super edgy, kvlt and true not having to engage and having a lack of energy. As long as you have chalices, candles and goathorns on stage.

ZzZzzzZzzZzzZZZ

Yeah, but that's exactly their point (they also play with their backs towards the audience) it's super edgy, kvlt and true not having to engage and having a lack of energy. As long as you have chalices, candles and goathorns on stage.

ZzZzzzZzzZzzZZZ

oh shit nevermind wrong band - he went to some event called mayhem and saw megadeath last year which he described the way i wrote, lol sorry

i don't think he's ever heard mayhem, i played him darkthrone once and he liked it, found the black metal "cold" lo-fi sound intriguing but he's mostly into the well known thrash giants, nu metal, etc.

Edited by joshuatx

ZzZzzzZzzZzzZZZ

oh shit nevermind wrong band - he went to some event called mayhem and saw megadeath last year which he described the way i wrote, lol sorry

i don't think he's ever heard mayhem, i played him darkthrone once and he liked it, found the black metal "cold" lo-fi sound intriguing but he's mostly into the well known thrash giants, nu metal, etc.

lol

Well, still a good description of that other band though. I saw Megadeth 2 years ago or something and it was really, really good (beyond all expectations because I was already ready to rant months before the gig)

Well, still a good description of that other band though. I saw Megadeth 2 years ago or something and it was really, really good (beyond all expectations because I was already ready to rant months before the gig)

I hope I get to see them someday. Same with Metallica, I can't believe I haven't seen either band live despite both bands being a large part of my metal upbringing. I know that especially in Metallica's case they probably won't be very good anymore but I think I'm gonna shell out for a ticket next time they come here.

I saw Kreator, Obituary, Midnight, and Horrendous last night. 

Obituary might be one of the best things you can possibly see live, but the whole thing was utmost excellence. 

fuck yeah at obituary live, saw em last year and was blown away. 2 bad they didn't play anything from my fav album of em 'the end complete'

been listening to this HORNA album and it's great but that opening track just gives me a black metal pole

donne 2 death dark throne style but... aaargh, it's so catchy and well donne and the production/mixing is so fuckin good, has a lot of nice sub 2, fuuck me *rams airguitar*

also someone give me some monies cause i have to wait for a month to listen to the new arca, actress album and this remastered split tracks from oranssi pazuzu

http://listen.20buckspin.com/album/farmakologinen

also i need this shiirt, it's gorgeous!!

13282101_10153849302929051_1901484326_n.

That's a cool shirt...Oranssi just dropped 2 new songs over the weekend!

The new Artificial Brain is like the Death Metal equivalent of Vektor's Terminal Redux:

and the new Power Trip is damn good thrash:

I'm still loving Elder. Usually minor pentatonic stonery stuff bores me, but they really do something with it that sounds fresh and original. Lovely guitar tone as well.

Elder's been working on a third album for a while now, it'll probably drop sometime this Summer. I need to catch them on tour.

Yo Metal Heads

Been sifting through Bolt Throwers back catalogue (back in the day I had War Master on TDK tape but never really gave it much attention). The other day I played this absolute beast of an album. (Un)Holy fuck!!! A classic