The Prometheus trailers are sort of sonically referencing the original Alien trailers with the intermittent siren sounding shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8&

But also Inception

Edit: I'm not watching the new trailer because I want to find out that Prometheus sucks on June 8, not today

Edited by baph

Now thats a trailer. It doesnt tell you fuck all about the story apart from that its in space and its scary as hell.

i have said before in this thread, and i'll say it again.

this original trailer for the original Alien film is, in my opinion, the best trailer ever made.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I don't think most any movie studio lends the possibility to have only one or two really vague obscure trailers for even a modestly medium range budget movie these days.

The best part about the Alien trailer is that it's fucking effective even though it clearly features a chicken egg

Guest Gary C

The build-up in that trailer is more scary than anything in the film. I might agree that that was one of the best trailers I've ever seen.

Guest Donkey Rhubarb

I agree that the original trailer for alien is fantastic. Perhaps the fact that they're trying to distance this from being an alien prequel means they have to chuck in more content to get the audiences attention. Joe public might not know that prometheus is linked to the same universe as alien. It's easy for us to say how good that trailer for alien is after the fact.

I guess its just a trend nowdays for trailers to give you too much info. For a film that you're not too sure about multiple trailers can sway you to see it. Works the other way as it might give away too much. Either way im really looking forward to seeing this.

Why don't you exercise some self-restraint you sniveling little man-child?

Just wondering if its an option cause then I won't accidentally click on this thread after coming home from the Pub.

Just wondering if its an option cause then I won't accidentally click on this thread after coming home from the Pub.

By the morning you've forgotten anything that you might have seen/read.

Guest Enter a new display name

I don't think most any movie studio lends the possibility to have only one or two really vague obscure trailers for even a modestly medium range budget movie these days.

What about Cloverfield? derp derp

Guest boo

The best part about the Alien trailer is that it's fucking effective even though it clearly features a chicken egg

haha yeah

also watching that trailer, i may have thought it would be about an alien cat... and been disappointed

edit: about a cat eating a newly hatched chick

Edited by tauboo

The original chestburster design Giger came up with was apparently unintentionally hilarious, and he later referred to it as a "degenerate plucked turkey."

368.jpg

looks very francis bacon inspired, specifically triptych for the base of the crucifixion

wow, upon looking up that bacon piece, i have to say good call.

Bit harsh but made me chuckle.

Edited by beerwolf