You can bitch and moan all you like but I'm going and if anyone wants to come we're going to have an awesome time.

can we also bring Mike along?

edit: as long as you're ok with me making a move on him

sweet.

I can understand anyone watching this and then airing their gripes, but to just come on line all pissy and crying about it is a bit fucking sad.

Some of you need to to either

1) Cheer the fuck up

or

2) Man the fuck up

Which is it gonna be?....

Guest Gary C

Prometheus-Cinemagraph-3.gif

Shit, how did I not notice that something is crawling into his eye? This particular scene is going to make me very uncomfortable.

It's one of those base fears, right? The basis of nightmares. Like teeth falling out and your eyes fucking up.

Shit, how did I not notice that something is crawling into his eye? This particular scene is going to make me very uncomfortable.

It's one of those base fears, right? The basis of nightmares. Like teeth falling out and your eyes fucking up.

It actually kinda looks like his iris is escaping from his eye, rather than something trying to crawl in

Guest Gary C

The first 5 minutes has been shown to journalists. Apparently just Rapace's earth-story and Theron getting the crew out of cryo. I'd expect to see that leaked online within a week.

Did it officially get rated PG-13? I remember seeing a TV spot where it says it's not yet rated.

The trailer looks pretty intense so I don't see how they could keep it at PG-13

Edited by patternoverlap

Yeah it hasn't yet been rated, but a comment was made in a recent interview hinting at its intended certificate -

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33510

Another question for Scott is the film's rating. He hints that the violence may have been toned-down enough to facilitate a PG-13 rating, but intriguingly suggests that the impact will match the R-grade shocks of Alien and Aliens. "The question is, do you go for the PG-13, [which] financially makes quite a difference, or do you go for what it should be, which is R? Essentially, it's kinda R."

You can do a lot in PG-13 with decent editing, you just can't say fuck more than, like, twice, or cunt once, or show bewbs, or talk about how it's wrong to bully gay kids

Guest Shit Attack

It actually kinda looks like his iris is escaping from his eye, rather than something trying to crawl in

funnily enough was just watching this video about the making of the 1st alien and one of the things hr giger mentions as an idea for the face hugger scene was some kind of worm like creature crawling inside somebody so maybe they are using that idea for the prometheus movie. then again maybe not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0wwcR-W6x0Y#t=433s

Guest Mirezzi

P R O M E T H E U S

Rated PG-13

How long before...they design the official Happy Meal tie-in toys and the Upper Deck trading cards?

star-trek-barbie-doll-content.jpg

Guest Mirezzi

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/ridley-scott-wants-a-pg-13-rating-for-prometheus-tells-mpaa-to-get-its-house-in-order/

[scott] also expressed frustration at the MPAA’s seemingly random approach to ratings, saying he wanted Prometheus to get a rating “that allows it to make as much money as possible. I know the importance of that. When a big film fails, it’s disastrous for all of us.” But he also blasted some of the “films this year that have got PG-13 ratings – it’s absolutely fucking ludicrous. So MPAA, get your house in order.”

Okay, zaphod's right. It's gonna suck balls.

I think ridley is either a) wanting to get on that list of top grossing franchise/films or b) sacrificing his vision to make sequels an absolute certainty and with bigger budget.

this seems so fucking not like him, this man was always about HIS VISION, shit got done his way or you got off the fucking ride, i cant tell if this is some master stroke or if hes just old and losing it.