IGNORED

Trent Reznor Wins Golden Globe

J3FF3R00

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also , lol at his amazing heavy fans at nin.forums.

Last year when trent had that whole rant about AWARDS they were like " yeah , fuck awards" , and now they are like " yeah , we love awards , now THEY SHOULD WIN THE OSCARS!!"

Oh. I still haven't seen that movie and i still haven't cared about trent reznor for about a decade.

I want to see the show, I've heard plenty good about it, i just haven't bothered.

Good for him. Maybe one day he will make music worth listening to again.

I think if TDS or Broken were released today I'd still be pretty impressed, though the lyrics might make me feel a bit awkward. NIN arrived at the perfect time in my life. I'm not even sure that his new stuff is so bad, I'm just older and have a harder time looking past some things in the music I listen to. Plus he just didn't really progress all that much musically since then, keeps falling back on the same melodic/rhythmic patterns while employing similar production techniques from album to album. But whatever... he earned the right to do what he's doing --his work has been very influential for me and a lot of other people, and when he first started really pushing the envelope with sound design he accomplished more than most could ever dream of.

Still have to see that facebook movie. I've heard great and terrible things.

Guest Lube Saibot

sell out because he won , or sellout because he accepted??

Trent Reznor is like the Sex Pistols .. Fake anarchism , fake anti-record label. Lies sell records , just ask Aphex Twin.

qft

Also , lol at his amazing heavy fans at nin.forums.

Last year when trent had that whole rant about AWARDS they were like " yeah , fuck awards" , and now they are like " yeah , we love awards , now THEY SHOULD WIN THE OSCARS!!"

qft

was happy to see this as well....felt surreal

no matter how much of a sellout anyone thinks he is, he works very hard to be that sellout...

kudos to him for that...

Guest Gravity

Good for him. Maybe now we'll get Ghosts V-VIII.

Last year when trent had that whole rant about AWARDS they were like " yeah , fuck awards"

Haha, really? Link?

it's an American classic in the making.

a film about people suing each other :emotawesomepm9:

Heheh.

I thought it was a brilliant film and it's the best thing Treznor has done for years. More stuff like that please.

it's an American classic in the making.

a film about people suing each other :emotawesomepm9:

Heheh.

I thought it was a brilliant film and it's the best thing Treznor has done for years. More stuff like that please.

i thought the film was great, but the soundtrack was lazy. especially since it featured prominent use of Ghosts I-IV tracks. i don't give a shit if Fincher was using them as temp tracks and felt that nothing else fit, i think it was a lazy decision on Fincher's part and it should've been Reznor's job to say to him "hang on, it's a bit lazy to have me as the composer for the score and not use my services to their full potential - let me have a go at making something new to fit the scene".

but then again, Reznor did brickwall the shit out of the Pretty Hate Machine remaster...

Great film, great soundtrack

the ost does not hold up on its own but when put with it's film (as one would logically think naturally should be the case) it instantly rises to action and shines with brilliant light

Archived