IGNORED

WATMM to cover Squarepusher

chassis

:facepalm: Either your just being a passive aggressive too cool for school troll or you don't seem to get is that I'm not trying to be super cereals or argue with you. Just trying to help you understand the way things can work around here with community projects. You just seem incredibly negative and I think that's a pointless waste of energy. If you don't like that this isn't the fastest moving productive music community on the interwebs you don't have to get your undies in a knot about it.

Let's see. I've said "looks like someone clicked back a few pages" "ouch" and "I love how serious you are." You are taking everything I've said, which amounts to about one line of text, and expanding it to a thesis about how I am pompously proud, incredibly negative, and a passive agressive too cool for school troll. Perhaps you are reading too much into my responses? Either that, or I am a genius of subtle prose, and have succeeded in imbuing my words with as much seething derision as you are accusing me of. However, let me say, with as of yet unprecedented length, that all I have said has been in jest, and you have harshly misjudged me.

Good day.

I made my cover before there was even an idea of a cover album! SO THERE!

I covered all of tom jenkinson's works before he was was even born.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Franklin

OK. guys chill out and just get the fucking record done. I want to hear it.

BTW Sheatheman don't worry about Blankett. he grows on you.

Shiiiieeeet I'm gutted, didn't managed to finish my track before the deadline...Made one of the best drums track I ever put down to tape but the other elements really sounded like pieces of shit, so...

Anyway, really looking forward the compilation to be "released" !

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Best drums you've ever put down? Can you finish it real good like in two days? Will we increase the deadline by a deuce double? I submitted My Sound but I'm about half way through finishing U.F.O's.. and I could have it wicked fin in a day or so.

LOL, I just listened to my submission on headphones and I must have transposed a piano track from 48k to 44.1k sample rate and put it out of tune. Gotta fix that, wow. I guess this is what can happen you work on a track with zero sleep tired as shit and don't peep it with headphones. I gotta resubmit tomorrow, I gotta get some sleep quiiick.

Best drums you've ever put down? Can you finish it real good like in two days?

Really don't know - I'd need to rework almost everything, since the track taken in it's entirety really sucks. But my studies are taking me loooots of time at the moment.

But if we indeed have a couple days more to submit our tracks, I can start working on an acoustic cover of Star Time 1 that I started a few months ago...If it isn't possible, well, it doesn't really matter.

Just let us know, chassis, how many finished tunes did you finally receive ?

Submitting a much improved version of my cover tonight. Crazy busy last few days but honestly I thought it was going to be another two or more weeks before Chassis showed up to call it fin.

Submitting a much improved version of my cover tonight. Crazy busy last few days but honestly I thought it was going to be another two or more weeks before Chassis showed up to call it fin.

Great! Given time I hope all the submissions are as good as they can be! Who was doing the art again? If no one is doing it I have an interesting idea for a cover that I could hash out on paper...

Was planning a ridiculous caricature of Tom, bass haphazardly in tow, exerting himself tremendously pushing a giant block with the album title carved into it... I have a lot of experience cartooning people, so it's doable. Just a thought.

• 4 weeks later...

Was planning a ridiculous caricature of Tom, bass haphazardly in tow, exerting himself tremendously pushing a giant block with the album title carved into it... I have a lot of experience cartooning people, so it's doable. Just a thought.

fooking great idea

fooking great idea

sounds like a terrible idea, unless garg had his way with the concept in ms penisland

I've been waiting to finish my mix of My Sound until I thought my final decision on my submission was actually necessary. Guess if we are getting close I will finish it up really soon. Feel free to keep this thread active with updates. If people get there asses in gear I'm sure this could be a good LP.

if you haven't started your cover yet, just record a beat box track and sing the melody over that.

I actually might try this. Greenways Trajectory.

just do your best and i'm sure it will be fine. that track still has that effing jungle swinging bass. it's way smooth and should beatbox really easily. do you need me to teach you how to do time stretching with your beatbox?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived