IGNORED

Fenix on ebay

Rbrmyofr

I thought some people might be interested in this thread: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/585934-synton-fenix.html

It also names the person who owns that infamous set-up with the two nagras, two Latronic Notron V2s, Serge, Fenix etc (there was a picture of it doing the rounds in the Aphex Twin section of the forum ages ago).

Yeah, I saw this a few days ago since i'm synth shopping atm. 10k is WAYYY too much. PLus as it mentions in that GS thread, there's new one's coming that will prolly be like 5k. So many other things you could buy with 10k. You could fill half a wall with synthesizers.com modules or a few analog poly's.

Yeah, I saw this a few days ago since i'm synth shopping atm. 10k is WAYYY too much. PLus as it mentions in that GS thread, there's new one's coming that will prolly be like 5k. So many other things you could buy with 10k. You could fill half a wall with synthesizers.com modules or a few analog poly's.

The new Fenix is going to be 3350 Euro (and there's an optional sequencer to go with it which will be 2150 Euro): http://dutchsynth.nl/FenixXL_Specs.html

It also names the person who owns that infamous set-up with the two nagras, two Latronic Notron V2s, Serge, Fenix etc (there was a picture of it doing the rounds in the Aphex Twin section of the forum ages ago).

i know a guy who has a similar setup, is he Anthony Bisset? he posts a lot on that forum. News to me that he actually owns a Fenix, i just know of his insanely modded dualing 303s and giant serge, nagra tape loop setup

edit: lol nevermind, it is Anthony aka DSPaudio. He is an awesome guy and makes great music. He's actually performing out here at a one time only show opening for one of my favorite acts, Nommo Ogo at Mills College in Oakland on the 26th of March. I got to play on his search once and it was pretty intense, he's made it so none of the patch points are labeled clearly instead they have these psychedelic paul lafolley geometric designs on them

i was on a compilation with Anthony here - http://katabatik.org/kollektion/?playlist=fall the song he made for the comp is done entirely on the setup you see in that picture

you can kind of see the craziness of his modular here

ab_dna_2010_promo.jpg

The new Fenix is going to be 3350 Euro (and there's an optional sequencer to go with it which will be 2150 Euro): http://dutchsynth.nl/FenixXL_Specs.html

wow thats interesting i didn't even know they were making a new one

10k is way too much

i was on a compilation with Anthony here - http://katabatik.org/kollektion/?playlist=fall the song he made for the comp is done entirely on the setup you see in that picture

ecxellent stuff on this comp;) that guy seems to be a real style pervert - in a good way :biggrin:

Guest Scrambled Ears

he's made it so none of the patch points are labeled clearly instead they have these psychedelic paul lafolley geometric designs on them

thats nice...

but wouldnt you prefer to have a giant klein bottle blown around(?) it and trigger the voltages with tuning forked shiva arms and modulate it all with your brainwaves using one of these megaman helmets?

500x_ceeg_helm.jpg

why do Synton always do really limited runs of everything they make?

Because it's only one guy making them, and it's not his full time job.

he probably makes more cash being a full time electronics engineer than he would making niche market synths but if he gave the production to someone else then maybe........?

he probably makes more cash being a full time electronics engineer than he would making niche market synths but if he gave the production to someone else then maybe........?

Well, he co-ran the Synton company during the 80s which made quite a bit of stuff: various vocoders, the Synton Syrinx, the System 2000 and System 3000 modular synthesizers etc. That company ended up going bankrupt in 1989, most likely because not enough units were being sold. So I'd say he knows all about big production runs, and how much it's worth his while to make. And in reality, apart from a few major analogue synth heads and Aphex fans, nobody really knows about the Fenix or Synton stuff in general. All their products are really rare and I heard the waiting list for the Fenix II didn't even have that many people on it in the end (roughly 75). I think if he made loads more he'd end up with a pile of them in his sitting room not being sold.

i just listened to the clip and it sounds like crap

not the synths fault mind you

Someone had to say it and come out with the cold truth, seems that these guys with big fancy synhts or with an expensive collection of cult synths can only do synth patches exercises or showing off some sound that only impresses other synth wankers, that's ok I suppose, hobbyist modular synth music could be a genre altogether, an extremely obnoxious and pretentious genre at that.

Someone had to say it and come out with the cold truth, seems that these guys with big fancy synhts or with an expensive collection of cult synths can only do synth patches exercises or showing off some sound that only impresses other synth wankers, that's ok I suppose, hobbyist modular synth music could be a genre altogether, an extremely obnoxious and pretentious genre at that.

cooler than train sets and more importantly a good way to use expendable income if you have it

in my mind if no artist I like uses one then its arse

maybe we should start a thread about boutique synths for the over 40's?

cooler than train sets and more importantly a good way to use expendable income if you have it

in my mind if no artist I like uses one then its arse

maybe we should start a thread about boutique synths for the over 40's?

You don't need to be over 40 to own these synths, and owning boutique gear doesn't make you a poor producer. Though based on youtube, it certainly seems that way.

i know a guy who has a similar setup, is he Anthony Bisset? he posts a lot on that forum. News to me that he actually owns a Fenix, i just know of his insanely modded dualing 303s and giant serge, nagra tape loop setup

edit: lol nevermind, it is Anthony aka DSPaudio. He is an awesome guy and makes great music. He's actually performing out here at a one time only show opening for one of my favorite acts, Nommo Ogo at Mills College in Oakland on the 26th of March. I got to play on his search once and it was pretty intense, he's made it so none of the patch points are labeled clearly instead they have these psychedelic paul lafolley geometric designs on them

you can kind of see the craziness of his modular here

ab_dna_2010_promo.jpg

Wow talk about eye candy. Does he use that whole setup on stage?

So, they're going to let boys into Mills for a night of entertainment? ;) I almost went there but UCSC was more my style.

lol @ everyone talking about this crap as if anyone is actually going to make anything decent with it

the question that always comes to mind when i see these threads is, would they exist if the analords didnt :facepalm:

Guest hahathhat

lol @ everyone talking about this crap as if anyone is actually going to make anything decent with it

the question that always comes to mind when i see these threads is, would they exist if the analords didnt :facepalm:

what if your mom and dad never met ?

...?

...?

Some other half-retard manchild would take his place.

...?

24l9e6u.jpg

would the Analords exist if Ceephax didn't? :shuriken:

Well, he co-ran the Synton company during the 80s which made quite a bit of stuff: various vocoders, the Synton Syrinx, the System 2000 and System 3000 modular synthesizers etc. That company ended up going bankrupt in 1989, most likely because not enough units were being sold. So I'd say he knows all about big production runs, and how much it's worth his while to make. And in reality, apart from a few major analogue synth heads and Aphex fans, nobody really knows about the Fenix or Synton stuff in general. All their products are really rare and I heard the waiting list for the Fenix II didn't even have that many people on it in the end (roughly 75). I think if he made loads more he'd end up with a pile of them in his sitting room not being sold.

I've been on that waiting list for a long time now. He originally said the new one would be 1500 Euros, but about a year ago he said that it would be around 3000 Euros as it stands now. I was in no question at 1500, but now I'm seriously reconsidering.

Archived