2011 Most IDM Tournament

QBLA

Round 4: Elite 8  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Bracket 1

• Abandoned Soviet Monuments
    • Strandbeest
  2. 2. Bracket 2

• Theory that the Higgs Boson Traveled Back In Time To Prevent It's Discovery
    • Dew Covered Insects
  3. 3. Bracket 3

• Factories at Night
    • Tesla
  4. 4. Bracket 4

• Windows 95
    • Space Stations

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soviet monuments - IDM. Most of the tracks I've been doing lately sound like Russian buildings anyway so I could probably come up with something no sweat.

Strandbeest - cool, even if I have no idea what it is beyond a walking stick monster.

Higgs Boson - we did LHC last year so NOPE

Insects - lots of potential for variety with this one

Factories - definitely lends itself to ambient/industrial music, but seems kinda generic to me

Tesla - very IDM individual but might not lend himself well to old fashioned IDMy music

Windows 95 - seems like a strong contender to me

Space Stations - another sort of generic pick

Guest analogue wings

Strandbeest - cool, even if I have no idea what it is beyond a walking stick monster.

Strandbeest gets more IDM the more you know about it.

In the future, the Dutch artist expects his creations to become more and more anatomically sophisticated: they will develop muscles, a nervous system, and some kind of brain allowing them to take complex decisions. And some day, he hopes his beach creatures won't need him to keep on evolving. Entire herds on the beach will compete for being the fastest and more stable, and will transmit their DNA autonomously to following generations, already completely incorporated in their ecosystem.

http://www.wimp.com/kineticsculpture/

Strandbeest > Monuments because it has the visual coolness of the monuments plus movement + the fucked up manifesto of actually wanting them to become independent lifeforms.

Strandbeest gets more IDM the more you know about it.

In the future, the Dutch artist expects his creations to become more and more anatomically sophisticated: they will develop muscles, a nervous system, and some kind of brain allowing them to take complex decisions. And some day, he hopes his beach creatures won't need him to keep on evolving. Entire herds on the beach will compete for being the fastest and more stable, and will transmit their DNA autonomously to following generations, already completely incorporated in their ecosystem.

http://www.wimp.com/kineticsculpture/

Strandbeest > Monuments because it has the visual coolness of the monuments plus movement + the fucked up manifesto of actually wanting them to become independent lifeforms.

that's the first time I've heard of that about growing it's own nervous system and all... DAYUM!

Guest theSun

wasn't there a space stations one a while ago?

shit's tired

i think i like strandbeest out of this lot

GODDAMNIT, Abandoned Soviet Monuments vs Strandbeest!?!?!?!?!?!

MOST IDM BATTLE EVER!

GREAT YEAR FOR MOST IDM!

Windows 95 vs Space Stations is some hot shit as well!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

p1_knight.jpg

Strandbeest

Higgs-Boson Time Travel

Tesla

Space Stations

how the fuck is Win95 IDM? IDM is a niche genre of music listened to by pale basement dwellers and glue huffers. Windows 95 was used by....everyone?

This round is tighter than the rest. looks like Abandoned Soviet Monuments finally met it's match!

basketball-dunking-on-someone.jpg

visit strandbeest.com and you'll never be the same again

also, FUCKING TESLA

Tesla made the earth into an electric tuning fork by getting a steam-driven oscillator to vibrate at the same frequency as the ground. The result was an earthquake in the surrounding city. He had accurately determined the resonant frequencies of the Earth almost 60 years before science could confirm his results.

nikola_tesla.jpg

Guest Stoppit

I didn't vote for Higgs Boson because last year's winner was the LHC, but I have just noticed this is the cover of Gang Gang Dance's new album

gang-gang-dance-eye-contact-cover.jpg

There's a silence at Beachfront Arena as Abandoned Soviet Monuments increase their lead.

shh.jpg

Higgs Boson Theory are getting countless calls on Travel Violations which are hurting their chances against the Dew Covered Insects.

IMG_7679_t300.jpg

The insects are secretly building a very strong case. Especially after considering WATMM's now official "first option" bias.

nba_g_young_cheeks_300.jpg

The insects are secretly building a very strong case. Especially after considering WATMM's now official "first option" bias.

nba_g_young_cheeks_300.jpg

fly-with-dew.jpg

ftw

I'd actually be pretty okay with any of these winning, though I'm not yet able to envision what a Strandbeest track would sound like. Teslacore on the other hand would be pretty straight forward.

Archived