IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

how do you all deal with that question?

No one really asks me that question but I'm honestly fascinated visually by the world around us, its so absurd and chaotic and I think photography is about trying to make sense out of the chaos

that's some autechre shit

sean pls

Edited by Danny O Flannagin

thanks osc, feeeeelin first & third hard on the new set here - you got a way of capturing the light playing over the bricks & peeking out at me through the powerline shit that really speaks to me. captures some of that feeling of just walking around appreciating the layered, ever-shifting three-dimensionality of life, no paticularly majectic scene needed. second one is really drawing my attention to the artificial light source in a way that is much different but also interesting

goes well with thevco's trax (check im out in tha thraddds http://forum.watmm.com/topic/90149-some-old-school-funk-vibes/ )

Every time I come into this thread I'm blown away by multiple postings. Makes me want to go take more photo's. The collective aesthetics we all somewhat share are pretty indicative of the music we all know and love (the WATMM related stuff) and it kinda shows that people into this kind of music that participate in other art-making really have some awesome talent. Lots of photos with little to no discernible faces, nature shots, texture stuff, B&W texture/chiaroscuro style stuff utilizing light sources and shadowing -- it's all very ego-less and paints an almost alien picture of what that particular person sees in the world and how we all kinda have some related aesthetic when it comes to some themes in our photography. Probably stoking pretty hard and being totally art-lame, but that's how I feel when I get in this thread.

Soon... the sun is coming out again. I promise some epic Pacific Northwest nature-gasm pics when hiking season comes about again. Being that I do lots of nature/outdoor landscape stuff, I live in the best place in the USA for that IMO.

and how we all kinda have some related aesthetic when it comes to some themes in our photography. Probably stoking pretty hard and being totally art-lame, but that's how I feel when I get in this thread.

the kind of films I would watch growing up, all tended to share some common thread amongst them. Ron Cobb and Jean Giraud were usually involved somehow in the design aspect, and then the same names kept popping up for Director of Photography, etc.

even though we do clearly share a lot of similar inspiration, whether it's subconscious or not, I still love this thread to bits for its diversity of viewpoint. Everyone's putting their own twist on things their cameras see.

Considering selling up my Film / DSLR kit and going Mirrorless. Thinking the Fuji XT-10, seems like a pretty well rounded buy.

if you can, try and have a play about with one first of course. I think it's pretty obvious that I would totally recommend going Fuji, but don't take my word for it.

26014054625_d24e0ef63f_b.jpgIMGP2813 (1) by polygon window, on Flickr

That one is amazing.

I sold my cybershot a couple of days ago, i'm going to get another cybershot, not a dslr, just a 20megapixel or something, looking at the DSC-W350 just now, seems good value. Going to get more photography done this summer and learn to do some macro stuff.

Worthwhile short trip to Sheffield today

25755806400_ba0c04f1e8_b.jpg
Ghost On The Street by oscillik, on Flickr

26002704416_ddb9a05722_b.jpg
<3 by oscillik, on Flickr

25755810570_5cef685d25_b.jpg
Vaporwave Lasers by oscillik, on Flickr

25936103022_ef92495587_b.jpg
Blocky_two by oscillik, on Flickr

26002723666_698da422e8_b.jpg
Graff Girl by oscillik, on Flickr

25423910954_bb48b51aec_b.jpg
Underpass by oscillik, on Flickr

26002733146_6afa98e3c6_b.jpg
Park Hill by oscillik, on Flickr

Worthwhile short trip to Sheffield today

25423910954_bb48b51aec_b.jpg
Underpass by oscillik, on Flickr

thirded

great stuff everyone.

that underpass picture reminds me of irreversible.

some things cannot be unseen.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui